Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > ITA Airways | Volare > Alitalia | MilleMiglia
Reload this Page >

Dolce Vita Lounge and Shower in FCO Rome Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: National EE

Hi there

I will fly Alitalia on business class and will arrive in FCO Rome Airport terminal 3 early in the morning. I will have 4 hours layover, then will fly on KLM (business class) to Amsterdam from terminal 1.

I read about Dolce Vita lounge located in terminal 1 and I am wondering:

1. Does Dolce Vita lounge have showers? If no, which lounge do you recommend in T1 to take a shower?

2. Can I get free admission to Dolce Vita lounge by KLM business class boarding pass?

3. Since I have four hours layover, I'm thinking about spending 3 hours in Dolce Vita. Is one hour enough from Dolce Vita to go to the boarding gate in T1?

4. Do I have to exit T3 and walk outside to T1 landside to reach Dolce Vita?

Thanks.

Last edited by matrixca7; Jan 22, 2015 at 7:34 am
Old Jan 23, 2015, 12:55 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
ehilà

1. no showers, but you can find some in the t3 lounge 2nd floor ariside (after passport control if you come from outside Europe). no idea about the quality.

2. as you're flying ST in business, you should have no problem. bring also the AZ ticket.

3. depends on the time of the day etc. but keep in mind boarding begins 30 minutes in advance normally, so depending on the security/passport check you may want to leave early

4. dolce vita is landside, but t3 and t1 are connected so your choice. it's a quick walk anyway even if you get out of the airport.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by straniero
ehilà

1. no showers, but you can find some in the t3 lounge 2nd floor ariside (after passport control if you come from outside Europe). no idea about the quality.

2. as you're flying ST in business, you should have no problem. bring also the AZ ticket.

3. depends on the time of the day etc. but keep in mind boarding begins 30 minutes in advance normally, so depending on the security/passport check you may want to leave early

4. dolce vita is landside, but t3 and t1 are connected so your choice. it's a quick walk anyway even if you get out of the airport.
Thanks for the detailed answer. It was recommended by KLM to use the shower facilities in Giotto and Borromini lounges . I understand that they're located in boarding area D and G, but which terminals?

Between Giotto and Borromini lounges which one is better for taking a shower? I'm not interested in food or other services since I will head to dolce vita to have breakfast.

Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:32 am

[snip]

3. depends on the time of the day etc....

3. Once through security, the gate is only a few minutes away and

4. You can only walk airside from T3 to T1. At any rate, it's about 1 min. faster if you walk landslide (shorter radius!)

Originally Posted by matrixca7
...I understand that they're located in boarding area D and G, but which terminals?
T3, D is Schengen, G is non-Schengen (i.e. for you coming from the US, prior to immigration); See airport maps here.

Last edited by KLouis; Jan 23, 2015 at 8:43 am
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
3. Once through security, the gate is only a few minutes away and

4. You can only walk airside from T3 to T1. At any rate, it's about 1 min. faster if you walk landslide (shorter radius!)

T3, D is Schengen, G is non-Schengen (i.e. for you coming from the US, prior to immigration); See airport maps here.
3. yep, my worry is the security, not the walk itself

4. true, but you can still leave the airport and walk outside from t3 to t1 (OP has 3 hours, he may want to smoke a cigarette / breathe some fresh air / etc.)
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:07 pm

...he may want to smoke a cigarette / breathe some fresh air / etc.)
What a Contradictio in terminis!
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys for your replies.

I arrive from a non-schengen flight to T3. If I exit from T3 to go to Dolce Vita to have breakfast, do the security allow me to go back to T3 to use Giotto or Borromini lounges for shower considering my next flight is from T1 to Amsterdam?

Cheers
Old Jan 24, 2015, 1:08 am

I like to offer a broad range of option to the audience!

Thanks guys for your replies.

I arrive from a non-schengen flight to T3. If I exit from T3 to go to Dolce Vita to have breakfast, do the security allow me to go back to T3 to use Giotto or Borromini lounges for shower considering my next flight is from T1 to Amsterdam?

Cheers
When you enter security again you will be able to move between T1 and T3 Schengen. This means you can enter the lounge located on second floor (at the moment I can't check or remember the name, it's in concourse D anyway), but not the one in the extra-Schengen satellite (the one you reach by train) because this would require going though passport control, which you can't do as you're flying to AMS.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Keep in mind that T1-T3 is not a long connection (a few minutes' walk). However to get to the G gates there is a shuttle train so a few additional minutes.

I would go to the D pier lounge for your shower. Then if you wish you can go out to go to Dolce Vita, but personally I wouldn't bother.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by raistlin
Keep in mind that T1-T3 is not a long connection (a few minutes' walk). However to get to the G gates there is a shuttle train so a few additional minutes.

I would go to the D pier lounge for your shower. Then if you wish you can go out to go to Dolce Vita, but personally I wouldn't bother.
D pier lounge is Borromini, right? I read Borromini food is not good and Dolce Vita food is better. I arrive after 5 hours flight and I really need to have a complete breakfast.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 11:10 pm

D pier lounge is Borromini, right? I read Borromini food is not good and Dolce Vita food is better. I arrive after 5 hours flight and I really need to have a complete breakfast.
Never been to Dolce vita, but I've been to most other AZ lounges, including that little one landslide in T3 (still there?). The food, in all of them, is not good (I'm actually using very politically correct language). If you want a better breakfast, just go to one of the many bars all over the airport, have something nice there and then go to the lounge for coffee (that is as good as anywhere else in Italy).
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Food in the lounges is the same, more or less. The Dolce Vita has a couple more items, but nothing worth getting out.

Depending on what you mean by "complete breakfast", today in the lounge at T3 there were muffins, croissants with different fillings, cheese and prosciutto, toasts.

No egg dishes in any lounges in Italy that I remember visiting.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does anyone know if the lounge with a shower is currently open (due to the airport fire?)?
I will be coming from USA and connecting to Alitalia Schengen flight and looking for a shower.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
Due to the fire, D area gates are closed, including the upstairs Alitalia Lounge. So there are currently no showers in Schengen area. No one will tell you onboard Alitalia in C class. Your only chance is in the G/H area before clearing customs and taking the grotty bus to the sea of people. The T1 pre-security (by check-in) lounge is nice, great for a coffee on arrival, but no showers.

You'll also notice most airport staff wearing masks due to toxins in the air from the fire - rough summer ahead for these folks.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
I had to book a last minute trip and will be transiting through FCO Schengen to Schengen. With the fire situation, which lounge will I have available? I'm ST Elite Plus and have a Priority pass as well. Thanks!

When I flew from Rome at the end of May I was told to use the lounge near the check-in area which gave the impression of an arrivals lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.