Wiki Posts
Search

LGW - MXP via AirOne baggage allowance?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond

Hey guys. My first time posting in this forum, and I'm a Delta gold medallion member.

I'm flying from London to Milan on Friday. Normally I would fly EasyJet or RyanAir, but since I saw a cheap flight was available via Alitalia, I snatched it so I could get both free baggage and SkyMiles.

I go to log on to Alitalia's website only to find there's no record of my ticket. I look at my confirmation e-mail which states the flight is operated by Air One, which I've never even heard of. I go to their website and am able to view my ticket info. It says I have allowance of one 20kg bag, with the option to buy more. On all Delta, Air France, and KLM flights I can take 2 or 3 full bags, since I'm gold medallion and Platinum Amex card holder. I figured it was the same throughout SkyTeam. Was I wrong? Will I even get the SkyMiles?

Thanks for any and all help.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:23 pm

If you booked the Air One ticket on the Alitalia website with Alitalia codeshare then you can have one free bag of up to 20kg, but that's it. Air One isn't considered a Sky Team member so your status probably won't get you very far... If you want ST benefits you should go on the AZ flights leaving from LHR and LCY.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:08 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ

Exactly - as Bungler says
But obviously much better than EZY and FR as its not really a 'low cost airline'. I.e. you don't pay for all of the extras ( luggage / checking in / boarding pass etc. )
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:33 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
And no, unless it is coded AZ you will probably not get the miles either.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Damn, that's really annoying. I booked it through the Alitalia website and I didn't even know AirOne existed at the time. So I guess I should just buy more luggage credit on the website and forget about the miles?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by HarryLime
Damn, that's really annoying. I booked it through the Alitalia website and I didn't even know AirOne existed at the time. So I guess I should just buy more luggage credit on the website and forget about the miles?
I'm not sure in English, but on the Italian AZ website it is clear when you book AP flights and there is the indication vis a vis the luggage
Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Wait a second, now that I'm looking at the e-mail confirmation, the flight is AZ7971, but then it says "Code-sharing flight AZ 7971 operated by Air One". So will I get the miles or not?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 4:32 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by HarryLime
Wait a second, now that I'm looking at the e-mail confirmation, the flight is AZ7971, but then it says "Code-sharing flight AZ 7971 operated by Air One". So will I get the miles or not?
Such flights can only be credited to AZ's own FFP.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I'm flying GVA-FCO-JFK-FCO-VCE and the first and last flight is by Air One. It's all on the same ticket. I am Silver with DL. Will I get free additional baggage and some other benefits like business class check-in on the outbound journey even though it starts with Air One? The return is probably not a problem, since the bags will be checked at JFK by an AZ agent all the way to the final destination, right?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 2:31 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KVS
Such flights can only be credited to AZ's own FFP.
Also others, like Flying Blue:

Earning possibilities¹,²
You can earn Miles
On all flights marketed AZ, AF, KL or SkyTeam and operated by Alitalia.
On all flights marketed AZ and operated Air One City Liner (CT), C.A.I. Second S.P.A. (VE), C.A.I. First S.P.A. (XM).

*Note: You cannot earn or spend Flying Blue Miles on flights operated by Alitalia with flight numbers between AZ5200-5201, AZ5204-5207, AZ5210-5215, AZ7135-7139, AZ7158-7160, AZ7494-7495, AZ7540-7543, AZ7408-7409, AZ7476-7479, AZ7402-7407 and AZ8000.
Funny enough, that flight would even earn 50% miles (While most AFKL flights in the low price segment only earn 25%).
Old Nov 26, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
I took an AZ-coded, AP-operated flight three weeks ago, and received Flying Blue miles (50% indeed). I also got lounge access with my ST E+ card, and the boarding pass had both AZ and AP codes on it.
Strangely enough (it was in BCN), the check-in was handled by UX agents, even though there is an AZ counter there. And I got a priority tag on my luggage, and no problem with interlining on AZ-coded, AF-operated flight. Quite a good experience actually, better than several AZ-operated flights I took, in fact.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:50 am

For Alec84, note that GVA-FCO and VCE-FCO are actually operated by Alitalia mainline. I don't know if the old Air One code (AP or CT) is still used on these flights, but the low cost brand "Air One" itself is never used for flights to/from FCO.

As for FB miles, I was not aware they were awareded on true Air One flights (the FB page only mentions the defunct Air One CityLiner) so I am surprised if Oxymore you were able to get miles on the BCN-VCE sector.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Thank you! The flights are both on E90, so they must be Cityliner, right? Luckily I'll escape Air One though.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:56 am

Yes an E90 flight is technically operated by Alitalia "Cityliner", but there is no real difference from the mainline, everything is handled by the normal Alitalia - so your SkyTeam benefits will also be valid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.