Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New baggage policy (improvement)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2010, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Exclamation New baggage policy (improvement)

Please take a look before making comments - http://www.alitalia.com/en_en/your_t...allowance.aspx

The new policy is an improvement in my opinion as:

In most cases the allowance has improved (especially in Y+ and J).

They have clearly stated "tickets issued as of 1st september", rather than making a mess of it like last time.

The table is much clearer and better presented than before and than on the AFKL websites.

The policy is now much more similar to AFKL's.

Some question marks:

What bonus will Ulisse, FA and FA+ get?

How can you know which booking class you are booking in before you buy your ticket?

Some negative aspects:

People who fly to Casablanca won't be happy.

Excess charges have slightly improved where previously the weight concept applied, but drastically increased where the piece concept already applied.

------

In conclusion, buy your ticket before 1st September if you're planning to fly to Casablanca, and if you have any questions/comments, please leave them below :-).
Old May 3, 2011, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by bungler
Please take a look before making comments - http://www.alitalia.com/en_en/your_t...allowance.aspx

The new policy is an improvement in my opinion as:

In most cases the allowance has improved (especially in Y+ and J).

They have clearly stated "tickets issued as of 1st september", rather than making a mess of it like last time.

The table is much clearer and better presented than before and than on the AFKL websites.

The policy is now much more similar to AFKL's.

Some question marks:

What bonus will Ulisse, FA and FA+ get?

How can you know which booking class you are booking in before you buy your ticket?

Some negative aspects:

People who fly to Casablanca won't be happy.

Excess charges have slightly improved where previously the weight concept applied, but drastically increased where the piece concept already applied.

------

In conclusion, buy your ticket before 1st September if you're planning to fly to Casablanca, and if you have any questions/comments, please leave them below :-).
Do SkyTeam elite people no longer get a larger baggage allowance?
Old May 4, 2011, 1:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
There is no longer any greater luggage allowance for AZ business class customers flying from Brazil or back to Brazil on tickets originating in Brazil? That's pitiful.

Originally Posted by sucker777
Do SkyTeam elite people no longer get a larger baggage allowance?
I'm not sure if it's a fluke or not or will continue into the winter this year, but the AZ, AF/KL and DL elites seem to still get the same luggage allowance as the AZ elites of a comparable SkyTeam elite levels. At least that was my experience with flying AZ this week as an AF/KL elite and as a DL elite.
Old May 4, 2011, 6:20 am
Original Poster

I've just checked the AZ website and since 1/05/2011 Business class passengers are allowed 2×32KG luggage rather than 3×23KG. Brazilians still get an advantage as Brazil-departing tickets in Y are also allowed 2×32KG.

I think I'll make a new topic about the change.

Last edited by bungler; May 4, 2011 at 6:26 am
Old May 4, 2011, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by bungler
I've just checked the AZ website and since 1/05/2011 Business class passengers are allowed 2×32KG luggage rather than 3×23KG. Brazilians still get an advantage as Brazil-departing tickets in Y are also allowed 2×32KG.

I think I'll make a new topic about the change.
Passengers on Brazil-departing tickets in Y get no "advantage" -- AZ is merely providing such passengers the minimum legal requirement applicable to all airlines flying internationally from Brazil. AZ is only providing the legal minimum for such passengers and AZ business class customers on Brazil-departing tickets are not getting any additional allowance over Y passengers.
Old May 5, 2011, 8:09 am
Original Poster

And why should Brazilians be so privileged if the law doesn't state it?? AZ is doing what they should, and they don't need to do any more. More than 2×32KG would be a ridiculous allowance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.