Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Alaska
Reload this Page >

Experience with Adventure Bound Alaska in Juneau?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Hi folks, Does anyone have experience (or know of anyone who has been) with Adventure Bound Alaska's full day cruise to Tracy Arm? It looks pretty cool, but I would love to get any first hand reviews. Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2009, 12:26 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Very mixed experience with them. The tour last summer itself was great. But working with their highly incompetent office staff (the captain's wife runs the office) would have me probably never take the tour again.

I booked for myself in Nov 07 for Jul 08. Received phone and EMail confirmation. Called in the spring of 08 to add my nephew. They couldn't find my reservation at all. Several EMails and phone calls back and forth and they finally found it (or more likely rebooked me). I was sent my boarding pass at that time but never received my nephew's. On the day of departure, we checked in to receive my nephew's boarding pass and they had no reservation on file for him. Fortunately I was armed with all my paperwork and she remembered losing my reservation so gave him a boarding pass (I still wonder if she really remembered ever booking him).

So if you use them:

1) insist on receiving the boarding passes in advance
2) get EVERYTHING in writing
3) confirm at least monthly

I would suggest pursuing another smaller operator for the Tracy arm tour. It costs more but is more personal and certainly not the hassles that were involved with Adventure Bound.

Note - I am not the only one who has had a similar experience. Check posts on cruisecritic.com.

If you will be in Juneau, check out Harv and Marvs for whale watching. Just an incredible operation. I had Jay as the captain and am planning on going with him again my next trip to Juneau probably summer 2010.

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.