Denali Lodges....

Old Jun 10, 13, 9:03 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
Denali Lodges....

Wife and I are heading north for the 4th of July week and want to do a couple days in a Denali lodge and seek advice. We want to stay in a cabin setting near the entrance...we will likely do a bus-in/fly-out tour or a couple of flying tours.

So far we have found:

Grizzly Bear Resort, but the only cabin they have left even the proprietor says is so bad we'd be happier in the hotel (we really want a cabin).

Tonglen Lake Lodge has availability but seems to be brand new and has no reviews online I can find. It's expensive which I don't mind so long as it is worth it...but who knows!

Healy Heights Cabins seems perfect...but they only have 1 of the 2 nights that we need available.

Any advice or alternatives!?
Old Jun 11, 13, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
After lots of looking, we are currently booked at Park's Edge Cabins. Trip Advisers seem to like it pretty well!
Old Jul 8, 13, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Following up, Park's Edge was perfect!

Here's my TA write up: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT

And though I say we were 'off the grid,' the reality is the joint has wifi included in the price of the cabin.
Old Jul 11, 13, 8:26 am
Moderator, Alaska Airlines & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR (ex-75K, GLD, 1K, and S+), Choice Diamond, HZ PC, Costco Exec, NPS Passport
Originally Posted by kokonutz View Post
Following up, Park's Edge was perfect!

Here's my TA write up: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT

And though I say we were 'off the grid,' the reality is the joint has wifi included in the price of the cabin.
Nice. What did you end up doing on your trip and in Denali? Was the mountain visible?

Search this Thread