Wiki Posts
Search

Fairbanks hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Oneworld
Fairbanks hotel

For anyone familiar, I would ask where the best place to stay in Fairbanks is?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your definition of best is ???
Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Good point

Unique and nice for whatever reasons the recommending party can think of. Great location perhaps. Or a b and b with really nice owners and a lovely vibe. Or a value for money local that is unbeatable. I welcome all types of recommendations.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 1:02 am

Programs: qantas airnz
In June 2010 we stayed at the Bridgewater Hotel. They provided a shuttle from the airport and then to the rail station when we left. Location was central, town shuttle called outside the hotel for a trip we used to the Uni Museum. It was also an easy walk around the CBD & Big Daddy's steakhouse.
Rooms are nothing fantastic but clean & comfortable & did the job for our 1 night stay.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 2:04 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
What are you going for? How long are you staying? If just a short overnight, stay near the airport for example.

I am spending just one night in Fairbanks this coming September. Literally just "on the way" from MSP to Denali NP. I got a great rate at the SpringHill Suites downtown so I decided to stay there. Having a free breakfast and having a fridge in the room are pluses to me. I will be shopping upon my arrival for groceries at Denali and having the fridge will be nice. I have stayed there in the past and enjoy it.

You mention "all types" of recommendations. Just hotels? B&B's? Hostels?

Some places in my notes (never stayed at any of these) are:
Dale and Jo View Suites
Front Street B&B
Cloudberry Lookout B&B
Old Jan 15, 2011, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Jennifer Strbac
Unique and nice for whatever reasons the recommending party can think of.
I've stayed about 7 or 8 times at this place:
http://www.fairbanksalaskabedandbrea...com/index.html

It's about 10 minutes outside Fairbanks, so that may be a concern. But I love staying there; take a look at the pix. Not only is it unique, but the owners do a fantastic job. Outstanding breakfasts. I'm not sure why the web site looks outdated, but they are definitely still going strong.

riftime
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Brilliant

Originally Posted by riftime
I've stayed about 7 or 8 times at this place:
http://www.fairbanksalaskabedandbrea...com/index.html

It's about 10 minutes outside Fairbanks, so that may be a concern. But I love staying there; take a look at the pix. Not only is it unique, but the owners do a fantastic job. Outstanding breakfasts. I'm not sure why the web site looks outdated, but they are definitely still going strong.

riftime
Many thanks riftime!!
Old Jan 29, 2011, 5:58 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
I stayed here at the Springhill Suites in Fairbanks and loved it. Reasonable rate, and I could walk everywhere or catch the local bus. They also had a free shuttle to / from airport.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...tes-fairbanks/
Old Mar 13, 2011, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I've stayed at the SpringHill as well as Billie's Backpacker Hostel. The former is your standard hotel room (nothing special, although extremely convenient to downtown and with a very good restaurant in its lobby [Lavelle's Bistro]); the latter is an, um, unique experience.

One of my former coworkers (albeit one I never knew very well) owns and operates Minnie Street B&B with his wife. Seems to get good reviews.

A friend stayed at Pike's and said it was decent.

Oh, yeah--I stayed at the Super 8 in 1994 when it was 96 degrees outside and they had not yet installed air conditioning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.