Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where did gate D12 at SEA go?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2009, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Where did gate D12 at SEA go?

Did I die and they moved a gate or something without noticing? D12 at SEA is the last gate in the D concourse, but when I was there recently it was now gate D11, so I took a picture to prove I'm not nuts...or am I?

Pictures:

November

Feb A
Feb B

In picture two you can clearly see it is the last gate that backs up against the terminal access road, which I thought was D12. Is there another hidden gate? I saw no D12. I'm confused.

Hah
Old Mar 8, 2009, 8:32 pm

The sign that you see that shows D3-D12 is actually outdated. There has not been a D12 in SEA for a number of years now. D11 has long since been the final gate on the D concourse. I don't know the number of years it has been like this, but at least for the last three!
Old Mar 8, 2009, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ben1120
The sign that you see that shows D3-D12 is actually outdated. There has not been a D12 in SEA for a number of years now. D11 has long since been the final gate on the D concourse. I don't know the number of years it has been like this, but at least for the last three!

Ahhh okay, it had been a long time since I had flown out of the end of D. I have arrived at the end of D though recently, but I just didn't notice the gate numbering. (I usually just end up at the beginning of D or C). Thank you.

On another note, I noticed they had redone gate signage in C and D to red from black. Maybe it was fixed. Oh also, the Port of Seattle D map shows D12 as still being there. Ha!
Old Mar 9, 2009, 2:02 am

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Ok, some D gate history.

The D gates were originally D1-D5. 1991-1992, the Port spent $80 million (paid through landing fees) and added gates D6-D11, giving Alaska more space for expansion, and remodeled the entire B/C/D concourses to give a brighter, more airy feel. Around 2001 AS added a 12th gate to the D concourse, which was sandwiched in between the present gates D8 and D9, so there were three gates on that corner there facing the N Satelite. Needless to say, the boarding area could get pretty crowded at times. Apparently they could not get any 739s or winglet-equipped 737NGs into this new gate, so sometime around 2005 or 2006 they removed the extra jetbridge and went back to the 11 gate arrangement. So the current gate D11 was briefly gate D12, and D10 was D11.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 7:30 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by EIPremier
Around 2001 AS added a 12th gate to the D concourse, which was sandwiched in between the present gates D8 and D9, so there were three gates on that corner there facing the N Satelite. Needless to say, the boarding area could get pretty crowded at times.
I recall that. And their was this weird, almost pinball-machine like series of tubular metal railings to indicate the boarding path to each of the three gates. It was confusing in the boarding area, as well.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 12:05 pm

Yeah that corner was pretty bad with three gates immediately adjacent to each other. I want to say it was sometime in 2006 that they removed that extra gate from the corner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.