Search

A refugee from Air France

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2009, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of shiny colors
A refugee from Air France

Dear all,

You might not be aware of it but Air France/KLM will drastically change its FFP rules from April 1st.

Needless to say it's less than thrilling with "improvements" ranging from business class awards jumping by a whooping 33% on all destinations, to most economy fares not even hitting the 70% credit mark etc, etc... They even invented a half baked idea that some longhaul discount biz fares only earn 115% ...
The thread in the Flying Blue forum is already over 29 pages long...

Anyhow I was thinking of dumping my Flying Blue Platinum card and joining AS to credit all my AFKL "orphan" miles, with the added bonus of also being able to credit the odd AA, BA and CX flight. The thing is, I live in Paris, will AS sign me up with a French address?

Merci!
Old Jan 15, 2009, 10:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by celbrian
Dear all,

You might not be aware of it but Air France/KLM will drastically change its FFP rules from April 1st.

Needless to say it's less than thrilling with "improvements" ranging from business class awards jumping by a whooping 33% on all destinations, to most economy fares not even hitting the 70% credit mark etc, etc... They even invented a half baked idea that some longhaul discount biz fares only earn 115% ...
The thread in the Flying Blue forum is already over 29 pages long...

Anyhow I was thinking of dumping my Flying Blue Platinum card and joining AS to credit all my AFKL "orphan" miles, with the added bonus of also being able to credit the odd AA, BA and CX flight. The thing is, I live in Paris, will AS sign me up with a French address?

Merci!
Bien sur!

Chances are AS will also update their earning and redeeming table to match AF's.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 11:00 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Mon Amour!

Yes, you can sign up with a French address.

But be aware, AF/KL in all likelihood will at some point restrict what our members can earn on their flights as well. But you still get that added benefit of crediting the other carriers.

You know, AF has a nonstop to Seattle, you should try it out
Old Jan 16, 2009, 3:05 pm

Programs: AS, FB, MB, MR, HH
Originally Posted by missydarlin
But be aware, AF/KL in all likelihood will at some point restrict what our members can earn on their flights as well.
Uh oh! Keep us posted on this missydarlin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.