FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa
Was the pineapple good?

The fruit was blah KOA-SEA on Tues...
It was unremarkable.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
It was unremarkable.
I've always been impressed with the quality of the fruit on the transcons. Tastes like fresh Oregon blueberries were picked hours before departure.

On KOA-SEA, the fruit was cold and bland. Additionally, the individually-cut pieces of fruit were stuck together like glue--I put my fork in one slice of pineapple and lifted it, and the other four slices of pineapple came right up with it. Kind of awkward.

Seems a bit of a letdown to be tasting flavorless pineapple when you've just had a superb, juicy one mere hours before takeoff. Heck, a whole pineapple can be bought from Costco less than 10 minutes from the airport for $3 and change.

I can understand (maybe not like, but understand) skimping on meals on routes where no one pays for F and all the F seats go to elites on cheap fares, but Hawaii is a market where AS competes for heavy full F purchasers with other airlines that provide a premium product. What do full F purchasers think of the food? Would they buy full F on AS again? Catering costs out of the Islands may be higher, but at least getting fresh fruit might keep them from looking so bad...
Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jackal
What do full F purchasers think of the food? Would they buy full F on AS again?
Food was alright on the last trip, both ways. Probably the best I've had on AS in quite awhile. This doesn't mean it was gourmet. It was more "gor may." If it wasn't for the EQMs that I really need, I don't know if I'd pay for F based upon their inflight product.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
If you are flying F for the food, you are going to be disappointed.

You fly F for the better seat, better treatment and free drinks. The free food is a bonus but about the equivalent of coach food 20 years ago. That being said, it is no worse than any of the others from what I've experienced.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
If you are flying F for the food, you are going to be disappointed.

You fly F for the better seat, better treatment and free drinks. The free food is a bonus but about the equivalent of coach food 20 years ago. That being said, it is no worse than any of the others from what I've experienced.
Don't denigrate AS 1980's Y food! It was excellent for airplane food.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by formeraa
^ That's a big thumbs up! You flew Y for the upgrade certs and still ate well.

Two days ago from KOA to OAK, good meal, good service!
Old Nov 27, 2010, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by formeraa
Technically, 20 years ago was 1990, so he wasn't speaking poorly about AS food from the 80s

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.