Wiki Posts
Search

Partner lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2008, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Partner lounge access

I have a couple of Y DL flights coming up and noticed that delta has clubs in JFK and Salt Lake City...however...Alaska airline's site only lists SLC.

Are the clubs listed the only place board room memberships are accepted, or are all delta crown room clubs available with a ticket on DL?

Also, with the NW/DL merger, has there been any talk about visiting a NW room on a DL ticket, vice versa? Ive noticed that receptionists never look at my boarding pass, do they care?
Old Nov 11, 2008, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Delta Air Lines Crown Room Clubs

Club Room members have access to Delta Air Lines Crown Room Clubs in Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Salt Lake City with same-day travel on Delta Air Lines. Two guests or spouse and children under 21 may accompany the member.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 5:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, recovering former United 1k
JFK

On a lark I tried the JFK Crown Room last week with my Board Room card and as expected was not permitted access.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldminer
On a lark I tried the JFK Crown Room last week with my Board Room card and as expected was not permitted access.
This is why Priority Pass makes sense for many AS flyers who use partners, and fly through cities w/o an accessible BR (the cost if you travel with a companion becomes prohibitive, however).
Old Nov 12, 2008, 2:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by maokh
I have a couple of Y DL flights coming up and noticed that delta has clubs in JFK and Salt Lake City...however...Alaska airline's site only lists SLC.

Are the clubs listed the only place board room memberships are accepted, or are all delta crown room clubs available with a ticket on DL?

Also, with the NW/DL merger, has there been any talk about visiting a NW room on a DL ticket, vice versa? Ive noticed that receptionists never look at my boarding pass, do they care?
AS is trying to expand its relationship with the New Delta and incorporate all the WC & CR's, with free wifi...
Old Nov 12, 2008, 10:53 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by beckoa
and incorporate all the WC & CR's, with free wifi...
AS tends to be exceptionally strict about allowing partner lounge members into Board Rooms, i.e. I was recently denied access in ANC with a CO Presidents Club membership when flying NW metal. Hopefully this will change.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 11:36 am

Programs: CO OnePass Platinum AS MVP HHonors Diamond SPG Gold
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
AS tends to be exceptionally strict about allowing partner lounge members into Board Rooms, i.e. I was recently denied access in ANC with a CO Presidents Club membership when flying NW metal. Hopefully this will change.
You shouldn't be denied access at any AS Boardroom. CO PC members can (until CO enters *A) use any AS lounge regardless of who they are flying. Perhaps the Board Room concierge was jumping the gun a bit?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
You shouldn't be denied access at any AS Boardroom. CO PC members can (until CO enters *A) use any AS lounge regardless of who they are flying. Perhaps the Board Room concierge was jumping the gun a bit?
Their policy might be similar to that regarding NW WC members. A WC member can only use the AS BR when traveling on an AS flight that day.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
This is why Priority Pass makes sense for many AS flyers who use partners, and fly through cities w/o an accessible BR (the cost if you travel with a companion becomes prohibitive, however).
Yeah, i looked at priority pass... wasn't that impressed. I do mainly AS/NW in the airports BR works, and I have people with me sometimes. Also, the TSA agreement looked interesting.

Infact, I was planning on using that tomorrow. Can I just go up to a random ticket agent and ask them for a pass?
Old Nov 12, 2008, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, i looked at priority pass... wasn't that impressed. I do mainly AS/NW in the airports BR works, and I have people with me sometimes. Also, the TSA agreement looked interesting.

Infact, I was planning on using that tomorrow. Can I just go up to a random ticket agent and ask them for a pass?
Call the BR you want to attend and ask how you get a gate pass. They'll know the specific airport procedure/which line to get in, etc.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 3:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

That's what I do in ANC, just go to the Customer Service desk (a call to the BR might be a good idea too - I never bothered - they just tapped some buttons on their screen and viola! I also took a guest (my sister) in last time too)

Works great!
Old Nov 12, 2008, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Thanks beckoa!

In case anyone's interested, they just told me to go to the first class/MVP line, show my photo id and boardroom card, and they'll give me a pass right there.

Someone's flying in tomorrow and I was going to surprise them at the gate. Beckoa, i take it i can use my guest privileges too to pick up something to snack on?
Old Nov 15, 2008, 11:32 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by COpltASgldPHX
Possibly...although I did intimate to the BR agent that I believed PC members were eligible to use the BR regardless of metal. Perhaps I should have been more insistent!
Old Nov 21, 2008, 4:02 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Plat, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Any idea if AS will get access to the AA lounge in SNA?

Does anyone know if AS has any thoughts of getting access for BR members at the Admirals Club at SNA? AS codeshares with AA from SEA to SNA, so I was hoping something was in the works.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seatownflyer
Does anyone know if AS has any thoughts of getting access for BR members at the Admirals Club at SNA? AS codeshares with AA from SEA to SNA, so I was hoping something was in the works.
Nope, and not optimistic. This is another place where PP gets you the UA RCC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.