Search

Churning the AS Signature Visa ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2008, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by ANC
and if you didnt churn so many you would have a mid 800s
Actually low 800s even if I had zero inquiries in the last 2 years.

And so what ? Even when I was low 700s, it never made a difference to the rate on any loan (I always check). I don't push the multiples on my mortgages, and maybe it would count a little more for someone who did. But you can fix any effect completely in 2 years, so unless you expect to move house or refi in the next 2 years (not most of the population) what difference does it make ?
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:29 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by dgwright99
Actually low 800s even if I had zero inquiries in the last 2 years.

And so what ? Even when I was low 700s, it never made a difference to the rate on any loan (I always check). I don't push the multiples on my mortgages, and maybe it would count a little more for someone who did. But you can fix any effect completely in 2 years, so unless you expect to move house or refi in the next 2 years (not most of the population) what difference does it make ?
In a pissing contest, it matters...

"you want me to pull it all out or just enough to win"
Old Mar 30, 2008, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
and if you didnt churn so many you would have a mid 800s
There's no prize for dieing with the highest FICO score. If you're planning on buying a house or something you shouldn't be churning, otherwise who cares if you're a 750 or 805?

EDIT: Doh, I didn't see the two previous near-identical posts... must check for a 2nd page before posting...
Old Mar 30, 2008, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by brarrr
In a pissing contest, it matters...

"you want me to pull it all out or just enough to win"
OK, I guess I was being overly defensive. The point I was trying to make is how far out of proportion people can get about maximizing their credit score.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.