Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 22, 2012, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jackal
Welcome to the -- a place to just relax and have some fun. Stop in and see what's happening!

Print Wikipost

The Alaska Airlines Bored Room

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2008, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by beckoa
Eagle Riverite! Glad to get the ™ though! So I'm actually further away from the Peninsula then yourself-... but do spend a fair amount of time down there anyways, harder with employment though. But you're right... Anchorage is a little... cityish!

I know the feeling on expenditures... between "eating out" and the now too frequent MR (or just trip, since it costs soo much to fly out of PUW!)... My summer savings are draining fast!
Maybe it was someone else. But I'll be nice to you and won't rescind the ™.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 5:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by jackal
I'm an Anchoragite.
Anchorageite

(From a former Anchorag(e)ite).
Old Feb 26, 2008, 5:48 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
You're on!

And Spicy Caribou sounds great! I love the stuff! (Last year I had a tube of Moose in my mini-fridge's freezer I would gnaw on occasionally to keep me eligible for the PFD)
Done..let me know when your back in town. Jackal & eastwest can be the impartial judges, unless they want to compete.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOB W
Jackal & eastwest can be the impartial judges, unless they want to compete.
Oh jeez...
Old Feb 26, 2008, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
You guys will love your lounge, but be nice.... your moderator Chocula is a lamo-meany!

Just kidding.... about the lamo part.

I believe I'm allowed to post here, I flew Alaskan once about 15 years ago.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Our dear friend in the Delta forum Cholulu invited us over to say hello. We have a lot of fun in the Delta forum and I hope this is the beginning of the same here in the AS forum. And Traveller, I flew AS several times back in 1998. Strangely, my two trips to Alaska never involved AS. She wasn't really kidding about the lamo part.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL, AA
*Peeking into the AS Lounge*
Hi. Looks like you've got a very nice place here.

Just dropping off a Lounge warming gift. I thought it would look nice in your lobby next to Canarsie's bust.

I hope you enjoy your AS Lounge!
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:34 pm

Programs: ASMVPG,HHG,SPGG
Thanks to Frontier Airlines starting its seasonal service to ANC there's a little sale going on that AS is matching.
Sale is good for May 10-20 only with best fares on M-W-SAT prices are AI,RT
Den-$313
Lax-393
Ord-454
lots more towns available check out WWW.Alaskatravelgram.com
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scoow
*Peeking into the AS Lounge*
Hi. Looks like you've got a very nice place here.

Just dropping off a Lounge warming gift. I thought it would look nice in your lobby next to Canarsie's bust.

I hope you enjoy your AS Lounge!
I, for one, am! It's a bit of a smaller community around here, but since you experienced DL lounge members don't need a same-day ticket on AS to access our lounge, you're always welcome to contribute to the discussion and liven it up a bit.

I have an idea for our new lounge warming gift: someone can take the wooden cap from the giant Cholula sauce bottle and carve Cholula's likeness into it! Cholula and Canarsie will have busts right next to each other!

(Can we make the giant Cholula bottle into a fountain dispenser of Cholula sauce? It'd go great with the food being served in the lounge...)
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Can I use the Alaska Airlines Lounge while waiting for my Juno-Tel Aviv flight if I am flying Economy?
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Dovster
Can I use the Alaska Airlines Lounge while waiting for my Juno-Tel Aviv flight if I am flying Economy?
No, because you would be kvetching the whole time, and since you aren't too familiar with AS, I can tell you that the wait, between the weather and mechanical delays, will be substantial, especially because there's no Bored Room to wait in there.

If you ask really nice, and the kvetchmeter doesn't register too high, I can give you an AS upgrade, but that doesn't give you lounge access
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:33 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Looking forward to my flight from LAX/ YVR this weekend. Do you think I'll need a car with a GPS to find my way to the ferry which takes me to Victoria? Flt is expected to land at 11:30AM. Think we'll make the 2:00PM Ferry? Thanks for the help.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Looking forward to my flight from LAX/ YVR this weekend. Do you think I'll need a car with a GPS to find my way to the ferry which takes me to Victoria? Flt is expected to land at 11:30AM. Think we'll make the 2:00PM Ferry? Thanks for the help.
Just be careful to make sure you are driving on the correct side of the road in Canadia.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 11:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by spgaston
Just be careful to make sure you are driving on the correct side of the road in Canadia.
Yes, they drive on the Canadi<n side of the road. If you have a french accent, they may give you a funny map that will go the wrong way, however.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 12:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Bonvoy Silver; OneWorld Sapphire; Miss Traveling for Work
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Hmmm. Depends on getting to the jetway, baggage claim, customs, rental car stars not going out of alignment, and there being a lack of ferry traffic for the weekend. I'd guess you can clear the airport by 12:30 (caveat: customs can be not fun there, in my experience) and get to the ferry terminal by 1:00. So the big factors is customs and how many people are heading to Vancouver Island for the weekend. Weather doesn't look too hot, so that should dampen some traveling spirits.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Yes, they drive on the Canadi<n side of the road. If you have a french accent, they may give you a funny map that will go the wrong way, however.
and the RCMP don't seem to understand that we haven't measured metric conversions from KPH to MPH. (Aren't they interchangeable? Just choose 80 KPH or 80 MPH?)

Last edited by whjensen; Feb 27, 2008 at 12:17 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.