FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Alaska Airlines Bored Room
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2008, 12:12 am
whjensen

Programs: AS MVPG; Bonvoy Silver; OneWorld Sapphire; Miss Traveling for Work
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Looking forward to my flight from LAX/ YVR this weekend. Do you think I'll need a car with a GPS to find my way to the ferry which takes me to Victoria? Flt is expected to land at 11:30AM. Think we'll make the 2:00PM Ferry? Thanks for the help.
Hmmm. Depends on getting to the jetway, baggage claim, customs, rental car stars not going out of alignment, and there being a lack of ferry traffic for the weekend. I'd guess you can clear the airport by 12:30 (caveat: customs can be not fun there, in my experience) and get to the ferry terminal by 1:00. So the big factors is customs and how many people are heading to Vancouver Island for the weekend. Weather doesn't look too hot, so that should dampen some traveling spirits.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Yes, they drive on the Canadi<n side of the road. If you have a french accent, they may give you a funny map that will go the wrong way, however.
and the RCMP don't seem to understand that we haven't measured metric conversions from KPH to MPH. (Aren't they interchangeable? Just choose 80 KPH or 80 MPH?)

Last edited by whjensen; Feb 27, 2008 at 12:17 am