Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP Preferred seating on AS metal AA codeshare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2008, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG

Hello,

I know this has been answered before but I don't want to dig.

Can I get my MVP seats on AS metal with an AA flt number? My AS number is in the res. I know that upgrades are a no-can-do but what about exit-row seats?

If this is not possible it is something AS/AA should definitely work on.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
Originally Posted by spgaston
Hello,

I know this has been answered before but I don't want to dig.

Can I get my MVP seats on AS metal with an AA flt number? My AS number is in the res. I know that upgrades are a no-can-do but what about exit-row seats?

If this is not possible it is something AS/AA should definitely work on.
I know the answer but I don't want to think about it....

I believe if you call AA and ask for the AS PNR then call AS (or plug it in online) you can then access the res. Maybe not though for exit row seats.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

The strange thing is that we were automatically assigned row 6 (bulkhead) on both AS segments. AFAIK, those are premium seats.

I did an experiment and looked at the seatmaps that AS was showing on codeshare flights on AA metal. On the segments operated by AA one could book any of the premium seats including exit rows.

Unfortunately AA does not give the option to change seats online for AS operated codeshares.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Bump

Somebody must have experience with this.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 10:50 am
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
If you call AS and tell them what flight you're on they will give you your AS PNR which allows you to go online and pick premium seats. (You could also just ask them on the phone to do this for you).

Note that while you can pick premium seats, you can not waitlist for an upgrade (but you can get an MVP upgrade within 24 hours if space is available, from my experience)
Old Feb 7, 2008, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gba
If you call AS and tell them what flight you're on they will give you your AS PNR which allows you to go online and pick premium seats. (You could also just ask them on the phone to do this for you).

Note that while you can pick premium seats, you can not waitlist for an upgrade (but you can get an MVP upgrade within 24 hours if space is available, from my experience)
Thanks for the info! Last night I asked an AA CSR what my AS PNR was and she said there wasn't one...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.