Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How quickly have any of you gotten to Million Mile Flyer?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

This is my 13th straight year as an MVPG and I am only at 500,000. I do more trips in the 600 to 900 mile range, as well as fly other airlines, and I realize those slowed my pace dramatically. I'm curious as to how quickly the average AS Million Mile Flyer takes to achieve it. Any thoughts?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
No Winner Here

I've been a Mileage Plan member for 20 years and I haven't even cracked the 300,000 miles level for actual miles flown on AS/QX. More than half of my miles earned are typically on partner airlines.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 7:58 pm

I'll make it in 32 years.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 10:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
If AS counted bonus miles and credit card miles like AA does, I'd be over 1 million (as I am on AA.) Unfortunately, I'm only at about 320,000 actual BIS miles on AS.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 8:59 pm

I have 1.4 mil in my account but less than 400k flown miles on AS. I'll be close to a hundred years old whe I achieve that. I MAYBE able to enjoy that Life Time Gold for a very, very short time after that.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 5:17 pm

Programs: AS
It is just too tough to achieve that status. Perhaps better now with their increasing number of flights to the east coast. Before that, most of their flights were short hops around the west coast.

They need to either include non-BIS miles or fly farther, like to Sydney and Cape Town, or something
Old Feb 2, 2008, 4:20 am

Programs: AS MVPG, WN CP, Marriott PP, Hilton Gold
Sat next to (almost) one

On my flight to SFO last week, the person sitting next to me stated that he received an e-mail from AS stating that he only needed 75K more more mile flown to get AS MVPG for life. :

He did say that it would take him another two to three years of flying to get it.

Still a long way for me.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Jeeves
I've been a Mileage Plan member for 20 years and I haven't even cracked the 300,000 miles level for actual miles flown on AS/QX. More than half of my miles earned are typically on partner airlines.
22 years here - still haven't hit the 300K mark. I must be close, however.

I did suggest to the MP that for 500K miles (due to the limited route structure, etc) an MVP for life designation.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 11:19 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
On the AA method, I'd be there already (heck I earn 200k+ miles per year), but for me 1MM is ~1k flights, or 500 R/Ts = ~20 years, so I guess I'm probably only 20-25% of the way there....

But where are you guys seeing your cum. BIS mileage ? Or are you just working it out ?
Old Feb 2, 2008, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dgwright99
On the AA method, I'd be there already (heck I earn 200k+ miles per year), but for me 1MM is ~1k flights, or 500 R/Ts = ~20 years, so I guess I'm probably only 20-25% of the way there....

But where are you guys seeing your cum. BIS mileage ? Or are you just working it out ?
It only shows on the screen after you hit 300K. That is how you know you aren't there!

On the AA method, I think that "MVPG" would be as valuable as the cheese I removed from the Jack-in-the-Box taco. I'd have probably 2+ million already.
Old Feb 2, 2008, 3:13 pm

Talking

This is the pinnacle award here at AS. Therefore I can live with the lofty goal set out infront of me. I've got another 20 years of flying to go and I think I'll grind out the MM award in another 10!

I've talked with fellow passengers who do ANC to MIA round trips twice monthly - two said they were MM already and one other was getting close! It's just tough to grind it out with 600 - 1500 BIS Mile Trips. I cringe every time I have to commit to another airline - just because it puts me that much further behind!

Life Time Gold! Sounds like we're gettin' somethin for free!
Old Feb 2, 2008, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Valveman

Life Time Gold! Sounds like we're gettin' somethin for free!
Hey, they used to give away gold to MP members. I never earned my first bullion award prior to its termination
Old Feb 4, 2008, 1:12 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
It has taken me 8 years to reach 447,000 actual miles flown, so as long as I can keep up the same pace...I am hopeful that I can reach the "elite" million mile club in about another 10 years. Just a few years before I turn 50!

I agree with Valveman, this is a "lofty goal" set out there...and I'm gonna do my best to reach it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.