Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines Visa--No Boardroom Passes for Signup Anymore?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2007, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)

I was about to apply for one of these puppies and I noticed the boardroom pass is not listed as on of the perks. Didn't it used to be a signup perk? Anyone know of any old links that have this included?
Old Sep 15, 2007, 8:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
The Skank of America Web site was listing 2 boardroom passes as part of the benefit.

http://www.bankofamerica.com/alaska_..._alaskaair_sig

"2 Board Room Passes. You'll receive two Board Room passes upon approval."

I wonder if I'll get those since BofA unilaterally "approved" me for the Signature Visa because I was already a Platinum Holder

Last edited by 98103; Sep 15, 2007 at 8:47 pm Reason: typdiddlyo
Old Sep 15, 2007, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by pushback
I was about to apply for one of these puppies and I noticed the boardroom pass is not listed as on of the perks. Didn't it used to be a signup perk? Anyone know of any old links that have this included?
They are still giving the Boardroom passes. You just have to read further down the page. Here it is copied from their website. This is for the Signature card.

Value and pricing

* Limited Time Offer! 20,000 Bonus Miles upon approval when you apply online
* One round-trip $50 (USD) Companion Ticket upon approval and then another every year***
* 2,000 anniversary Bonus Miles when you renew your card each year
* 1 mile for every net retail dollar spent; 2 miles for every dollar in purchases of Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air tickets and Vacations packages
* 2 Board Room passes upon approval◊
* $25 off Board Room Initiation Fee
* Earn and redeem miles with 10 airline partners—award travel begins at just 20,000 miles
* No annual mileage cap and miles never expire on active accounts◊
* $75 annual fee
Old Sep 15, 2007, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Cool--thanks.
Old May 14, 2011, 1:04 am

Board Room Pass from B of A no expiration date?

I have 2 one-day passes for the Alaska Airlines Board Room that I got with my B of A ALaska Credit card years ago (a few years ago)

They DO NOT have any expiration date on them (I double checked).

Do you think they'll still honor them?

I have a 5 hour layover in Seattle as part of an international trip to iceland (an award ticket)

I'm MVP Gold, but I know that doesn't give you lounge access unless you're on a paid First Class ticket.

I'm guessing it'll be up to the lounge agent, but I'm hoping they won't turn me away...I won't mention how old they are

It'll be a Saturday afternoon, so hopefully less crowded because of less biz folks.
Old May 16, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
Originally Posted by kayexalate
I have 2 one-day passes for the Alaska Airlines Board Room that I got with my B of A ALaska Credit card years ago (a few years ago)

They DO NOT have any expiration date on them (I double checked).

Do you think they'll still honor them?

I have a 5 hour layover in Seattle as part of an international trip to iceland (an award ticket)

I'm MVP Gold, but I know that doesn't give you lounge access unless you're on a paid First Class ticket.

I'm guessing it'll be up to the lounge agent, but I'm hoping they won't turn me away...I won't mention how old they are

It'll be a Saturday afternoon, so hopefully less crowded because of less biz folks.
yeh they should honor them..I had a pair of those ones without the expiration dates on them....at first she looked closely at them, and then eventually she just let us in ....
Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I've got a related question...just got 2 passes with our Visa, and BOTH have my name on them. Will they let my husband in with one of them? Or is it that I'm sort of "Queen (member) for a day" and I can bring him as a guest...thereby allowing us to use this perk on 2 different trips.

Or will they say just me (the name on the cert) can come in and husband cannot?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:46 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold
The BR doesn't care whose name is on the pass. The name is there to track who the pass is issued to, not to restrict who can use it. Use it yourself or give to a friend. You don't even have to be present for someone to use it.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I don't think they act as full memberships--i.e. you can't bring a guest in on a pass (they need to have another pass). They are good for the full day, though, meaning you can use multiple Board Rooms if your itinerary takes you somewhere there is one.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
So if you give them the pass at your first BR of the day, how do you get in the next one on the same day or do they just not collect it?

Originally Posted by jackal
I don't think they act as full memberships--i.e. you can't bring a guest in on a pass (they need to have another pass). They are good for the full day, though, meaning you can use multiple Board Rooms if your itinerary takes you somewhere there is one.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
So if you give them the pass at your first BR of the day, how do you get in the next one on the same day or do they just not collect it?
The BR concierge will write out a receipt that you can present to subsequent Board Rooms (similar to purchasing a day pass). Make sure to ask the agent for the receipt.

IIRC, the BR pass actually states "The Board Room concierge will arrange for access to other Board Rooms on the same date of travel" (or some similar verbiage).
Old Jul 1, 2011, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just an FYI about the new 40K BofA Visa promotion...despite what the offer says about 2 BR passes, they are not included in the welcome kit (just got two kits...one for me and one for my wife)...kinda thinking they might show up separately but given the fact that they have been showing up in welcome kits with past offers, it doesn't look like they are included anymore
Old Jul 1, 2011, 5:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Just an FYI about the new 40K BofA Visa promotion...despite what the offer says about 2 BR passes, they are not included in the welcome kit (just got two kits...one for me and one for my wife)...kinda thinking they might show up separately but given the fact that they have been showing up in welcome kits with past offers, it doesn't look like they are included anymore
You should inquire about them, under the "other benefits link" is the following:

Additional Card Features

Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on purchases§§
Receive 2 Board Room passes upon approval§§
Free Total Security Protection® package helps protect against fraud and unauthorized use of your card
Online access to our award-winning Online Banking service
Earn up to 5 miles per dollar at participating restaurants§§
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So are the board room passes gone from new B of A Visa sign ups??
Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: AA,DL,BA,UA,SPG, and any other free trip!
So are the board room passes gone from new B of A Visa sign ups??
AFAIK....yeah, no more passes, because I didn't get any with my last cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.