Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upcoming SEA->SJD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2007, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Upcoming SEA->SJD

Hi everyone. I just booked a trip from SEA->SJD (San Jose del Cabo) in F in August. I am curious about what the food will be like in F for this trip and I was hoping that someone may have some insight into this. The SEA->SJD flight stops in SFO and the meals are listed as snack and lunch (flight leaves at 8:25 a.m.). On the way back, the stop is in SAN and the meals are listed as snack and snack (flight leaves at 2:11 p.m.). Should I assume it will be slim pickins' and just pick something up in the airport? Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 6:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k
I was very pleased with the food on the return part of your trip, SJD-SAN-SEA.

Two weeks ago, on the SJD-SAN flight they offered a cheeseburger or a turkey sandwich wrap and the cheeseburger was actually quite good.

On the SAN-SEA flight, they offered a pepperoni pizza which my travel companion assures me was good although I passed.

I have no idea about the food on the way down through SFO but the food coming back from SJD was quite good on AS in FC.

Regards!
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by kleeman
I was very pleased with the food on the return part of your trip, SJD-SAN-SEA.

Two weeks ago, on the SJD-SAN flight they offered a cheeseburger or a turkey sandwich wrap and the cheeseburger was actually quite good.

On the SAN-SEA flight, they offered a pepperoni pizza which my travel companion assures me was good although I passed.

I have no idea about the food on the way down through SFO but the food coming back from SJD was quite good on AS in FC.

Regards!
Boy, how our tastes have changed...when F passengers are PLEASED with a cheeseburger and a small pizza!
Old Jul 21, 2007, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by formeraa
Boy, how our tastes have changed...when F passengers are PLEASED with a cheeseburger and a small pizza!
I had the pizza with spinach salad last week flying lax-sea and it wasn't bad. The spinach salad is better than that mostly iceberg salad they were serving a few months ago. Yeah, I would like a 3 course meal but these days I'm happy if they just serve something hot and edible.

In regards to the OP, for SEA-SFO-SJD leaving 8:25, the SEA-SFO would be fruit with breakfast bread, and then SFO-SJD I think would be something similar to the SJD-SAN service described above.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 1:03 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Welcome to Flyertalk^
Old Jul 21, 2007, 5:09 pm

SJD is a BIG NO NO for food. That food court area was very dirty on my last visit. That's why a Cheeseburger in a clean cabin must have tasted so good!

Last edited by Valveman; Jul 23, 2007 at 8:26 am
Old Jul 22, 2007, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info! Yes, the food court area in SJD is not very nice. But several years ago, while waiting for a very late America West flight (before they became part of US Airways) we were given vouchers to use in the airport. We found a restaurant up some stairs outside of the security area (if memory serves me correctly) that had amazing Mexican food instead of the gringo style offerings in the rest of the airport. The restaurant looked really sketchy but the food was fantastic. My memory is a little hazy on the details of where exactly it was in the airport since is was several years ago and I had indulged in a few cervezas at the time, but it was a great alternative to the other food outlets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.