Community
Wiki Posts
Search

partner award rules

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2006, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

partner award rules

does AS permit stopovers on award tickets?
if i do the BA First class LAX-BKK via LHR can i stop in LHR for a few days? seams like a great deal for 150K miles
Old Sep 13, 2006, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
You can have a stopover or an open jaw on most (if not all) award tickets.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

is there a link to the rules?
can you have a stopover & an open jaw?
how many stopovers can i do?
if i did lax-lhr-bkk-syd could i stopover in lhr & bkk?
Old Sep 13, 2006, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
One stopover or one open jaw. No mix no match no multiples no both.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 5:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
One stopover or one open jaw. No mix no match no multiples no both.
BA's own rules allow both a stopover and an open jaw BUT Alaska is more restrictive with ALL partner awards alowing only one or the other. Sometimes you can work in a forced layover. This is what I do for London since I do not like to spend too much time there since it is too expensive and hard to get around when the tube is not working for an early morning flight. Certainly BKK would be the city where you would want to spend more time. More bang (or Bangkok) for you buck. Traveling between SYD and MEL had been relatively inexpensive and easy last time I did it. The 10K intra-Australia award with AS miles had been the best deal around till they got rid of it.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 5:42 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
What type of routing am I allowed on a Partner reservation?

A stopover means stopping in a city en route to or from your final destination. An open jaw is flying into one city and returning from a different city, back to you original city of departure. Stopovers and open jaws are allowed, however the policies vary from airline to airline.
All domestic awards for travel to/from the lower 48 states and Canada allow a round-trip or open-jaw itinerary. Contact the Partner Desk at 1-800-307-6912 for information on open-jaw itinerary routing restrictions.
Both Northwest and Continental airlines require a Saturday night stay on domestic Award reservations.
Policies regarding domestic stopovers vary from airline to airline. Contact the Partner Desk at 1-800-307-6912 for information on stopover itinerary restrictions.

International Awards allow at least one en route stopover and/or an open jaw, but not both on all partner airlines. The stopover must be at a city in the published routing between the city of origin and the final destination.

http://www.alaskaair.com/mileageplan/faqs/PDRes.asp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.