Wiki Posts
Search

New AS City this spring!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:19 pm
formerly ASTechGuy
Original Poster

New AS City this spring!

Looks like AS will be flying 2 daily round-trips between SEA and Dallas-FortWorth (DFW) starting this spring! 737-400 aircraft...

... Let the slew of comments begin! ^
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:26 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton HH Gold
Originally Posted by ASTechGuy
Looks like AS will be flying 2 daily round-trips between SEA and Dallas-FortWorth (DFW) starting this spring! 737-400 aircraft...

... Let the slew of comments begin! ^

Now if they would only do that from Portland! I hate having no status on AA.
Speaking of ex SEA..BOS, DCA, IAD, ORD, MCO, MIA, EWR now DFW things are getting interesting.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is great news! I have to go to Dallas this spring and I was dreading having to fly AA! This is also going to increase the availability of LAN awards (Dallas is a LAN gateway city).
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Double miles? Maybe a low intro fare? Yes, I'm greedy.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Double miles? Maybe a low intro fare? Yes, I'm greedy.
Intro fare may come in around $298rt. Fares should be available tomorrow.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:42 pm

Amazing at how AS can keep going at AA markets (like SEA-ORD, MIA, MCO) and AA does nothing....except cut their flight schedule to coincide with the new AS routes. These two sure are "cozying up" to each other in a growing number of markets...
Old Feb 10, 2005, 5:42 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Just another reason to stay away from AA. Do you think AA is a target?? On more than one occasion I have heard FA talking to passengers on AS flights about moving their status to AS.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Can someone say merger?
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by zsmith2
Can someone say merger?
Ya really thinks AA thinks it'll be 3rd time lucky with AS? They're already bought and largely/wholly dismantled Air Cal and Reno Air. I guess one acquisition a decade is on par.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:17 pm

Thankfully someone else said the "M" word besides moi...I've been getting a lot of flack for spouting that over the past few years...now I don't feel so crazy...
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:18 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
you're still crazy fredo.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat
Originally Posted by zsmith2
Can someone say merger?
merger? nah....

my novice analysis is that AS saw a huge market opening with DL dismantling its DFW hub. there will no longer be SEA-DFW nonstops operated by DL, and so AS is looking to pick up some of that market. DFW is a huge market, and i am sure AA doesn't mind at all because pax on AS flights continuing beyond DFW will be codesharing onto AA flights. now the big question is where the AS gate will be at DFW. connecting at DFW is horrendous, even when going from an AA to AA flight. i cant imagine what will happen with an AS to AA flight.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:30 pm

Programs: AS, IHG
Huh, that's curious. I thought there was something screwy about DFW that you couldn't book more than two flight segments out of DFW without issuing a separate ticket. Has anyone heard of this? I can't seem to find a reference to it now, perhaps I just imagined it?

As for an introductory fare, $298 from SEA seems kind of high considering the competition's fares, a quick check at travelocity is showing web fares with Frontier, AA & UA all coming in under that price. Our experience in ANC shows us AS will fare match any UA flight. I don't know what they do when they are head to head with a LCC such as Frontier?

I wonder if AS is going to make the hop over from DFW to California at all? Or perhapsa flights btwn DFW/ORD? No matter what, it is still exciting they are branching out!

Darn it all though, I am still holding on to the pipe dream of Hawaii

Alison
Chugiak, AK
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by AlisoninAlaska
Huh, that's curious. I thought there was something screwy about DFW that you couldn't book more than two flight segments out of DFW without issuing a separate ticket. Has anyone heard of this?
You're thinking of Dallas Love Field (DAL). The Wright Amendment - designed to get air carriers to move from DAL to the new DFW airport - says that air carriers flying equipment with more than 70 seats cannot fly from DAL to any state that doesn't share a border with the state of Texas.

So if you wanted to fly from DAL to PHX on WN (as an example), they would sell it to you as two tickets - one from DAL to ABQ, and a separate one from ABQ to PHX.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat
Originally Posted by AlisoninAlaska
Huh, that's curious. I thought there was something screwy about DFW that you couldn't book more than two flight segments out of DFW without issuing a separate ticket. Has anyone heard of this? I can't seem to find a reference to it now, perhaps I just imagined it?

i was writing the same thing as above at the same time. in addition to the states bordering texas, the shelby amendment allowed travel to AL and MS as well.

technically, WN cannot sell you at ticket from OMA to OKC and then OKC to DAL in the same transaction. you have to hang up and call back and book a seperate ticket.

Last edited by OMAguy; Feb 10, 2005 at 6:54 pm Reason: someone beat me to it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.