Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

BR member access to NW club after NW flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2005, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

I searched this forum and could not find an answer to this question. The AS website says that BR members can access NW clubs on the day of a NW flight. To me that sounds like a BR member could access a NW club before and after a NW flight. Is this correct?
Old Feb 3, 2005, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnep1
I searched this forum and could not find an answer to this question. The AS website says that BR members can access NW clubs on the day of a NW flight. To me that sounds like a BR member could access a NW club before and after a NW flight. Is this correct?
I don't know the official answer, but I've never been asked to show a boarding pass at any of the NW hubs. The Board Room card and ID is all I've needed.
Old Feb 3, 2005, 9:24 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
I've accessed the NW boardroom in SeaTac both before and after a flight, just show your Boardroom card and your same-day boarding pass, and be aware that it closes early.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 12:53 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Starwood Plt, Marriott Silver, Others

The official policy is for AS BR members to have access to NW clubs when traveling same day on NW. However, this does not include all NW clubs (20 domestic and a handful of internation, so be sure to check on alaskaair.com for the list. It does cover most of the major NW locations including MSP, which is nice.

For the others, maybe you will be lucky to get a nice agent.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Alaska 2F
However, this does not include all NW clubs (20 domestic and a handful of internation, so be sure to check on alaskaair.com for the list. It does cover most of the major NW locations including MSP, which is nice.

For the others, maybe you will be lucky to get a nice agent.
I just joined the BR today and did not know that I wouldn't have access to all NW clubs when travelling on NW. However, I just took a look at the alaskaair site and it the BR membership does give access in BOS, ORD, DTW, MEM, IAD and DCA, which is all I need, so I guess I got lucky.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 6:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
I just joined the BR today and did not know that I wouldn't have access to all NW clubs when travelling on NW. However, I just took a look at the alaskaair site and it the BR membership does give access in BOS, ORD, DTW, MEM, IAD and DCA, which is all I need, so I guess I got lucky.

I believe you ger access to all NW WorldClubs if flying NW. The problem comes in with partner lounges. For examples, in AMS if you are a WC member, you use the KLM lounge. But with the BR card you're out of luck. Another example: we frequently fly NW to MN from SFO. The domestic WC closed. WC members are referred to the Continental lounge. But: no access for BR members.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 6:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
From the web site:

Northwest Airlines World Clubs

Board Room members traveling on Northwest Airlines have access to 20 domestic and four international Northwest World Club locations for the same day that they hold a ticket for travel on Northwest.

Boston
Chicago - O'Hare
Detroit (4)
Honolulu
Los Angeles - LAX
Manila
Memphis
Milwaukee
Minneapolis (2)
New York - LaGuardia
New York - Newark
Portland
San Francisco (2)
Seattle
Seoul
Tokyo - Narita
Washington, D.C. - Dulles
Washington, D.C. - Reagan*

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.