Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on AS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:17 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, AS MVPG-75K, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Silver, Nat EE
Salma Hayek was in the SEA Boardroom this morning with her daughter (and mom and nanny?). Hair in ponytail, no makeup, wearing jeans and tee....and yes....she still looked very beautiful! Her daughther was really cute too.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:27 am

Oh man, what time? I almost went in around noon! I forgot to bring my Priority Pass and I coudln't decide if soup and peace was worth the $30! Selmo would have been though!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Dang! We were in the BR that night (still enjoying the Maui sun when she was in the BR). So close...but I NEVER see celebs...
Old Aug 22, 2008, 2:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jackal
Dang! We were in the BR that night (still enjoying the Maui sun when she was in the BR). So close...but I NEVER see celebs...
You mean Costco?

Ended up doing a Costco / Foodland Run , but we still made the plane (after a brisk jog)
Old Oct 6, 2008, 9:27 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Ben Stein was on my LAX-SEA flight last week. Remember him as the teacher in Ferris Bueller. While he had an F seat, he spent most of the time back in the coach where there were many rows of empty seats.

I had seen him interviewed on the Glenn Beck show on CNN the night before.

http://www.benstein.com/stein2.html
Old Oct 6, 2008, 10:39 am

had Dr. Oz (from Oprah fame) on my flight two days ago, SEA-EWR.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 3:23 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVP Gold, Delta SkyMiles Silver, ICH Ambassador
Al Gore Sighting

Al Gore and his entourage were in the SEA Board Room this morning around 10am. He was very gracious and friendly with the AS employees and customers.^
Old Oct 24, 2008, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by SEA_Traveler
Al Gore and his entourage were in the SEA Board Room this morning around 10am. He was very gracious and friendly with the AS employees and customers.^
Did he plant any trees to make up for the C02 released from the engines?

Carbon credits anyone?
Old Oct 24, 2008, 4:25 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by SEA_Traveler
I just came back from seeing him at a luncheon. He was amazing.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 9:56 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by United757
Did he plant any trees to make up for the C02 released from the engines?

Carbon credits anyone?
if anyone wants some credits I'll sell you some! I promise I will plant a tree for you I guess honestly if lalala and Sea_traveler thought it was cool to meet him then Its awesome that you met him! He isnt on my list of people I'd like to run into...why is he flying around if using petro fuel is evil
Old Jan 18, 2009, 8:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, recovering former United 1k
SEA Boardroom Today

Where do I start? Peter Fonda was downstairs today in the SEA Boardroom with his wife while most everyone else was upstairs watching the AZI-PHI game. Upstairs we had Alan Thicke, Bruce and Kris Jenner (and most Kardashian horde) and Robin Leach. Bruce seems like a likable fellow chatting about the game with other sitting around. Alan Thicke was rooting for Arizona and taking some grief from Jenner when PHI seemed to have turned it around. They must have had common business in Northwest region?
Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, PC Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Originally Posted by ANC
if anyone wants some credits I'll sell you some! I promise I will plant a tree for you I guess honestly if lalala and Sea_traveler thought it was cool to meet him then Its awesome that you met him! He isnt on my list of people I'd like to run into...why is he flying around if using petro fuel is evil
He probably has the means to fly on a private jet. His choice of a common carrier shows his devotion to the cause, as it puts out much less CO2 per passenger-mile than a private jet. I used to work in show business, so meeting celebrities in general isn't that exciting. There are a few that stand out, but Al Gore isn't one of them for me.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: AS, DL, QF, QX, AA, CO, WN
Been a few years but on a flight from SJC-PDX I was in 2F and seated in 2C was Larry Ellison (CEO of Oracle). Used to work security at PDX over 10 years ago and ran into several people...James Brown, Courtney Love, Bill Walton, Scott Pruett (24hrs of LeMans driver) and some others that fail to come to mind at the moment.

Last edited by twofive99; Jan 20, 2009 at 9:26 pm
Old Jan 20, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AS MVP Gold 100K, AS MM, Avis First
My daughter worked for Oracle and Ellison...during meetings he had a habit of throwing chicken mcnuggets at employees that didn't agree with him.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 12:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by lalala
I just came back from seeing him at a luncheon. He was amazing.
He's in FAI now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.