Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on AS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
Why the concentration of so many FlyerTalk "celebrities" on that full flight?
If I recall that flight # has popped up before and I think that was the last official flight for VX prior to the merger?
Old May 20, 2019, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Conan O'Brien and family on SFO-LAX yesterday. Genuinely nice guy.
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 10:27 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Recently, Joe Namath in a partner lounge, and Sharlene Taulé on an AS flight.

I am sure there have been plenty of celebrities that I didn't recognize.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:35 am
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
Originally Posted by flyingislove

Sat next to Congresswoman DelBene on a recent flight. Didn’t recognize her, but we chatted and I asked what her job was. Boy, was I surprised!
She was probably disappointed that she was not recognized. Do You Know Who I am?! haha
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bnj999
Nancy Pelosi spotted in F (seat 2D) on PDX-SFO flight.

We could see some police and agents go on board earlier (to check out the plane?) and also could see from the gate area windows that she boarded directly from a car onto the plane before boarding started. Other than that, seemed low key enough, no entourage sitting with her.
Previously, there was a debate on OMNI P/R. Some flyertalkers wrote that she is in line to become President if a bunch of people died in office. Because of that some were writing that she deserves a private plane, like an Air Force Boeing 757, which she has used to fly between Washington, DC and San Francisco, her home district.

Seems like it may not be necessary because she flew commercial.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by trektheusa
I honestly wouldn't know if I was seated next to someone famous unless other people were being rude and pointing it out. I think people deserve respect and privacy when flying, really anytime. Just like the pilot I sat next to in First the other night. I'm sure they get asked questions all the time but I use google for mine.
Is it rude? Maybe they sometimes like the attention?

I have done it several ways. I saw a well known actor in a restaurant and pretended not to recognize him. I saw a minor actress on a NYC street and nodded a "hello". I have gotten an autograph from a TV actress.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: AS
Living in LA and Seattle, plenty of personalities to see when traveling.
Celebrities living in neighborhood is normal for many in LA.
Most just want to live their lives as most of us, raising a family and doing a job well.
However, there are memorable encounters.
Checking in -AS counter at LAX- Jodie Foster is in front of us with skis.. Later, waiting for flight, she approaches and asks if seat next to me was taken. I asked if she was heading to Whistler for the weekend. She laughed - No, Mammoth. We exchange pleasantries..
She continues about how much she needs this break. While she is sharing her problems with me (I am a great listener) I experience what some personalities go through in public. Constantly being approached and asked for something . Pictures (NO,please) conversation (Not interested) or information about their private lives. (Really?)
She tried to be nice but, explained she wanted her privacy. I start to run interference for her -holding up my hand and say"Not today, thanks".
She was grateful and continues to share , her flight is called. Final boarding called and she still wants to chat .I am concerned she will miss flight, she says "They know I always boards last ." She asks for my email , thanks me for my advice and continues on her way.
I received nice email.

Last edited by pcoll; Sep 17, 2019 at 10:35 am
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Back in April, we happened to be at the LIR ticket counter next to Seal. He was singing softly to his companion. On the flight, my wife and kids (taking turns in first) were later across the aisle from him. Spoke to him ever so briefly at LAX as we waited for our luggage. He seemed like a happy easygoing guy throughout.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlatinum
PDX-LAX last week sat next to Megan Rapinoe's twin sister - she was pretty cool!
Old Sep 17, 2019, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Originally Posted by pcoll
Checking in -AS counter at LAX- Jodie Foster is in front of us.. While she is sharing her problems with me....
Was one of them that her daughter disappeared during the flight?
davistev and Bellerina like this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Ken Jennings was on AS11 tonight
Old Dec 4, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
Michael Phelps, AS927 PHX-SEA today.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: TBD
Originally Posted by Mehdron
Michael Phelps, AS927 PHX-SEA today.
I hope you didn't have to sit next to him!
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by peterqstorm
I hope you didn't have to sit next to him!
Why???
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:21 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by philemer
Why???
I assume his shoulder width is non-standard....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.