Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Visa Canada Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 12:24 pm

Programs: AS,AC
Smilee said " The 10,000 miles was targeted for me and my wife (perhaps because we are both MVPG) However, even when I entered the code on the website, it didn't work. I had to go to the Bank of America site, to get it to work." I was resonding to that comment. But never mind. It's not a big deal.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Dmarsh11
I can only find the link to 5000 on the Bank of America Page. Am I blind ??
Sorry for the confusion.
If you goto this link:
https://www.mynewcard.com/lookup_can.asp?Lookup=True

You may be able to apply and get the 10,000 points.

Good luck and let us know if that works.
Old Feb 4, 2005, 10:12 pm

Programs: AC Elite
2nd round mailing?

I have now received a second mailing asking to buy the AS Platinum Visa. I do not recall exactly last year the first one came in, but this offer expires on March 28 and offers 10,000 bonus miles, second $50 companion ticket, board room etc...

Clearly targetted, but not because I am MVP Gold - That expired last December
Old Feb 8, 2005, 7:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
I was targetted again Also a couple of my friends got some in the mail this time However, all of us when applying online get denied. I even applied again onilne and was denied which is strange because they already aproved me and I have my AS Visa Platinum card and have made some purchases.

It seams that the visa really pushes the credit check company. Does anyone know what is up with that?
Old Feb 9, 2005, 11:49 am

I received one (again) as well.

Yes, these are targeted - targeted by meaning they have been (re)sent to all MP members who live in Canada!
Old Feb 9, 2005, 1:06 pm

Programs: AS,AC
Originally Posted by todd-r
I received one (again) as well.

Yes, these are targeted - targeted by meaning they have been (re)sent to all MP members who live in Canada!
I got one in the mail today, and I am not MP. We already have the 5000 mile card, so won't bother applying.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 1:10 pm

On Line Access Now Available

Good News!

On Line access is now available for the Alaska Airlines (Canada) Visa Card:

http://www.bankofamerica.com/creditc...g=alaskacanada

Scroll down and click on enroll - then choose 'CANADA' as your state (it's the first one at the top).

The site provides great, detailed information - better than what I've seen with most CDN banks.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 12:23 am

I was targeted for the 10,000 miles promo, and I signed up for the card.

I checked my Mileage Plan account today, and I was only credited 5,000 miles.

Do they credit in 5,000 mile installments, or should I be calling them, and requesting the additional 5,000.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 10:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
I would call them. I had to call them, and they made a note to add the extra 5000 miles (which posted shortly after the call)

I still have not received the second companion ticket though

I think the AS Canada Visa is a very good card but has had terrible implementation problems. The persons involved in the promo did a very POOR job at getting the 10K bonus, registation and companion tickets in place. I am sure they missed out on many customers and got lots of bad feedback because of it.

I hope if they run the promo again in the future that they will have more success.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I had zero problems with getting the 10,000 miles to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.