Old Jun 2, 2003, 2:09 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
DeHavilland Dash 8 Turboprop

Holds 37 psgrs
Old Jun 2, 2003, 6:12 am

http://horizonair.alaskaair.com/www2...rizonFleet.asp
Old Jun 2, 2003, 8:40 am

More comfy than an RJ, I might add, but slower. Free NW beer and wines on all Horizon flights, too. "Try it, you'll like it"
Old Jun 2, 2003, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Thanx guys , I am going to try it.

Can I get AA miles like an Alaska Airlines flight ?
Old Jun 2, 2003, 12:22 pm

Very noisy and sometimes temperature levels are extremely wonky. I'd take CRJ any day over the Dash8.
Old Jun 2, 2003, 1:27 pm

Yup, miles flown on AS / Horizon earn AA miles as long as you have your Aadvantage account # plugged in for the flight. I do this all the time.
Old Jun 3, 2003, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
I had my first DH8 (aka Q200) experience, as well as my first Horizon experience last weekend PDX-SEA. I was very surprised with the comp. beer/wine. It was quite unusual to be sitting UNDER the wing though (seat 6A)

It was much quieter than the Saab 340 that I am occasionally relegated to with NW Airlink.
Old Jun 4, 2003, 2:01 am

Programs: All over the place now.
I've done the Saab, the Dash 8, and the CRJ (among others) and to tell you the truth...I barely notice. I usually just don't pay attention though which shows me how much more into aviation everyone else is.

I mostly look at them as a way to get me where I want to go!

One thing I've noticed while doing a few weeks of trips from ANC-CDV (Cordova) is that the AS flight serves juice only which I think is completely reasonable (like you drink every 30 minutes at home!). However, on the ERA flight the ONE poor flight attendant goes around serving everyone drink of choice including beer, wine, sodas, etc. and a cookie! I can't believe she manages to do that and clean up each flight and I really can't believe they even try.

Another interesting note...when you fly ERA out of Cordova they leave the metal detector on but instruct everyone to just walk through with their stuff. So, it's just a constant beeping that no one pays attention to. Wierd in today's atmosphere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.