Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS, take me back!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2003, 12:09 pm
Used to be Sydneysider
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
AS, take me back!

Well, with all the changes going on in OneWorld at the moment (BA redemptions trebling, 25% miles for discount coach fares after July 1) it's very nice to return to AS MVP/Gold. Unlimited upgrades, 50K threshold bonus @ 75K flown, and new redemption partner CX!

Hopefully AS won't follow the industry 'lead' with the devaluations of both miles and benefits. In the meantime, thank you Alaska Airlines for a great Mileage Plan!
Old Mar 20, 2003, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
There already were some I believe just over a year ago but they weren't the shockers like other programs. Some of the partner awards had a large % increase for redemption, and upgraded flights no longer get class of service bonus. However, MVP Gold Q miles went down. All in all, I consider my MVP Gold to be very valuable right now.
Old Mar 20, 2003, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eastbay1K:
and upgraded flights no longer get class of service bonus</font>
He he...not unless someone screws up

I agree Mileage Plan is an excellent program and Alaska/Horizon excellent carriers. I feel appreciated by both which is not something I have ever felt with Air Canada (but was appreciated by Canadian - R.I.P.)

Old Mar 21, 2003, 1:19 am
Used to be Sydneysider
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Eastbay1K:
There already were some I believe just over a year ago but they weren't the shockers like other programs. Some of the partner awards had a large % increase for redemption, and upgraded flights no longer get class of service bonus. However, MVP Gold Q miles went down. All in all, I consider my MVP Gold to be very valuable right now.</font>
Yes, and I was a fairly vocal critic of those changes. As it turns out, I had nothing but success booking my unlimited F upgrades, so I can't really complain.

I am just hoping that the BA awards don't go up again (commensurately with BAEC-NA). Right now it's 150K for long-haul F anywhere via LHR. BAEC is now charging in excess of 300K for West Coast-SYD in F.
Old Mar 21, 2003, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I wouldn't have thought there would be many takers on BA from West Coast USA to SYD given the trip time approaching 36 hours....
Old Mar 22, 2003, 12:29 am
Used to be Sydneysider
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aussieinsf:
I wouldn't have thought there would be many takers on BA from West Coast USA to SYD given the trip time approaching 36 hours....</font>
Definitely a long trip, however since it's nearly impossible to get F award inventory on QF without booking 330 days out... I don't think the trip would be so bad in BA F, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.