PDX Award Sale coming soon

Award sale level:
13,000 miles for contiguous US states**
Canada, and state of Alaska.
23,000 miles for PDX to/from Mexico destinations

**excluding MIA, IAD, DCA, EWR, and BOS

Available for booking March 12

Travel Dates April 1 - May 23

Available to/from Portland, OR, to/from any AS/QX city system wide, excluding MIA, IAD, DCA, EWR, and BOS. INCLUDES Mexico, Alaska, Canada, and all AS/QX cities other than those excluded above.
Old Feb 14, 2003, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thanks Missydarlin! I love a good scoop

Tom
Old Mar 10, 2003, 8:34 am

Programs: WN CP & A-list, UA 1P
This sale is still scheduled to start this week?
Old Mar 13, 2003, 4:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by missydarlin:
Award sale level:
13,000 miles for contiguous US states**
Canada, and state of Alaska.
23,000 miles for PDX to/from Mexico destinations

**excluding MIA, IAD, DCA, EWR, and BOS

Available for booking March 12

Travel Dates April 1 - May 23

Available to/from Portland, OR, to/from any AS/QX city system wide, excluding MIA, IAD, DCA, EWR, and BOS. INCLUDES Mexico, Alaska, Canada, and all AS/QX cities other than those excluded above.
</font>
This deal is limited to PDX ONLY NOT "to/from Portland, OR, to/from any AS/QX city system wide" as was originally reported. The "to/from any AS/QX city" has to include PDX which is not how I originally interpreted this.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 6:37 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
sorry if I was unclear..the OR was for Oregon
Old Mar 13, 2003, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by westcoastman:
This deal is limited to PDX ONLY NOT "to/from Portland, OR, to/from any AS/QX city system wide" as was originally reported. The "to/from any AS/QX city" has to include PDX which is not how I originally interpreted this.</font>
I don't think the original report was incorrect. From Portland, OR (postal abbreviation for Oregon) to any AS/QX city (except certain exclusions) or To Portland, OR from any AS/QX city(except certain exclusions). Thanks for the info Missy.

Old Mar 13, 2003, 9:59 pm

Missydarlin,

I don't plan on using this, but I'm surprised (early thanks aside) that nobody has thanked you for the scoop since it was unveiled!

So, thanks for the info! I did use the AS California deal a few months ago.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by missydarlin:
sorry if I was unclear..the OR was for Oregon</font>
I certainly appreciate the heads up. I just interpreted it wrong and now I have to figure how to book airfare at the last minute in the busy month of April...
Too bad this was not systemwide like I thought...
Old Mar 14, 2003, 12:42 am
Original Poster

actually Jamie, the first post under mine was a thank you

Jerry.. can you try to do something about the weather up there? Between you guys and ANC, it hasnt been a fun couple of nights around here.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jerry.. can you try to do something about the weather up there? Between you guys and ANC, it hasnt been a fun couple of nights around here.</font>
Hasn't been much of a winter until now. We've had big winds the last week but it has been crystal clear until Wednesday night. The wind wasn't all that unusual the beautiful sunny days and clear nites were. 60 mph winds downtown, gusts of 120mph at the tram on top of Mt. Roberts, and then the snow started. It stopped just a few minutes ago, I know because I've been plowing the ramps here at the firehouse. We were supposed to get a foot or two - I'd say we're at least a foot and half in the last 24 hours. The rain is supposed to start tomorrow I'm sad to say, but hey who cares because . . . we received our girl scout cookies this week, thin mints, samoas, we've got em all.

The airport should be open tomorrow. The problems in ANC were mostly wind weren't they?

Old Mar 14, 2003, 4:01 am
Original Poster

lots and lots of wind in ANC.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

lots and lots of wind in ANC. </font>
Apparently they evacuated the control tower in ANC because of the wind.
&gt;&gt;The airport was closed from 11:27 p.m. Wednesday until 9 a.m. Thursday, disrupting the travel plans of 2,000 people. Fifteen incoming flights were diverted to Fairbanks, Caldwell said.
Aside from Sept. 11, 2001, when the terrorist attacks against the United States shut down airports nationwide, it was the first time the airport has been closed since 1992, Caldwell said. That's when Mount Spurr erupted, blowing a plume of ash 11 miles high and dumping ash on the city.&lt;&lt;
http://www.adn.com/front/story/2767221p-2815888c.html
JNU should be fine today. Woke up to just flurries and you can see all the way up and down the channel so the planes should be flying.
And more wind stories:
http://www.adn.com/front/story/2767182p-2815862c.html
http://www.adn.com/front/story/2767179p-2815855c.html
BTW, I enjoyed your trip report on the Cinque Terre.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 8:32 pm

Programs: All over the place now.
I came back to ANC today from Cordova instead of waiting until tomorrow. Stupid me thought it would be warm in Cordova!

The place I was working at is right on the water with the wind blowing into it. The van we were driving kept breaking down and leaving us stranded. The pipes froze on Tuesday so no bathrooms. And today the heater would just not start working!! We finally just gave up.

Well, good news for me, my apartment looked fine when I got back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.