Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Rumor: NW/AS Codeshare Agreement Ends April 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2003, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, DL Silv

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum35/HTML/005522.html
Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

I asked AS about this just this morning and the agent I talked to indicated that so far as he knew, the codeshare is to continue. That AS would send out those NW upgrade coupons also points to a continuing relationship with NW.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
C'mon, they just announced joint ticketing. And of all the AS partnerships, NW seems to be the most strategic... notice that as AS extends its feelers to the east, into DEN, MIA, BOS and NYC... they feel free to irritate AA and CO but leave MSP, DTW, and MEM alone.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 3:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by smantl01:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum35/HTML/005522.html</font>

False...relationship with NW is good.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 4:02 pm

Interline e-ticketing has little to do with codesharing agreements.

For example, AA has interline e-ticketing agreements with UA (and other airlines), but they do not have a codeshare agreement.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Personally, I find the codesharing to be a monster pain, because the airlines end up not referring to it as much.

I know it's a marketing tool for those who like to think they can be flying one airline, but me, I could live without it. It's not like it actually matters to us with regards to benefits/miles/whatnot...

Steve
Old Mar 13, 2003, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, DL Silv
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by sllevin:
Personally, I find the codesharing to be a monster pain, because the airlines end up not referring to it as much.

I know it's a marketing tool for those who like to think they can be flying one airline, but me, I could live without it. It's not like it actually matters to us with regards to benefits/miles/whatnot...

Steve
</font>
NW/AS Codeshare (and through-fares) just made a huge difference for me on booking my SEA-LAX/LAX-MCI/MCI-SEA. This allowed me to book AS (NW flight #) SEA-LAX, and NW for remaining segments. If NW didn't have the codeshare with AS, the fare difference would be significant....and my alternative was flying UA.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:24 pm

Dropping a codeshare with AS would be a dumb move for NW given that MSP is NW's hub furthest west. By having AS with concentrations in the west, NW can reach small communities with their midcon hubs (MSP, MEM, and DTW) with flights to SEA and PDX. This traffic would go away if AS went away as a codesharing partner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.