Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ANC-SEA flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2000, 1:26 am
Original Poster

ANC-SEA flights

A rather outspoken ex-Alaska employee (the key work here is EX) claims that AS has "deleted meal service from all but two ANC-SEA flights!" In general, this person seems to be relatively on top of what's going on @ AS, but I strongly doubt him here. There is no indication of this on any AS timetable or schedule, and I haven't heard any mention of this otherwise. I have noticed some missing meals on the online summer schedule (a 11:30 flight has lunch, but a 12:00 flight doesn't), however they could just be mistakes.

Old Apr 7, 2000, 10:34 am

Hi West Coast flyers,

I am flying LAX-SEA-ANC and ANC-SEA-LAX flights this weekend. I will keep an eye on it. I seriously doubt that AS will cancel meal services on SEA-ANC-SEA flights, since those flights are some of the most profitable ones on its network. There is minimal competition. UA/CO operates one redeye flights each from SEA-ANC and back, and maybe they will add some flights in summer, but not enough to threaten AS.

I remember you told me that AS actually serves meal on a tray on those flights. I will check that out... maybe AS is cutting back those real dinner flights into the light dinner flights. I will let you know this weekend.

AS has some mistakes on its website. That is not a surprise. A 12noon flight is definitely a lunch flight... for sure

------------------
Carfield
Menu Scavengers
Inflight food critics

Old Apr 7, 2000, 12:09 pm

Carfield and WCF---

I have heard nothing of the kind. My experience is that coach lunch flights get the short haul dinner service (served in a basket). However, the dinner flights get two choices of entrees served on a tray. Same goes for breakfast flights. Its pretty nice for only a three hour flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.