Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska MVP Platinum?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Well, if it's revenue-based, revenue is revenue, regardless of where they derive it from (AS selling bunches of EQMs to AA/DL/AF for someone, or someone flying AS, or any combination thereof).

I suspect it would be hard to be in the top 10% revenue MVPGs without flying a good chunk on AS, though.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 2:32 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
So platinum would be based on revenue and not segments or miles?

It wouldnt be say....75K on AS metal or 90 segments type of thing?

And if it is I think that the partner miles qualification should be double that in miles! I suppose if I was racking up those kinds of miles annually with long trips to Europe and Asia all the time I would probably be banking my elite miles with some larger airline that served the destinations I frequent rather than dabble around banking my EQMs on a relatively small player like AS

I guess to each his/her own
Old Mar 15, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
There's no way i can rack up that much AS metal travel...they must be interested in taking care of a pocket full of elites.

They are already taking care of a small select bunch of "VIP"s, but what that even entitles i do not know.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
75,000 miles on AS metal seems very tough. If i flew from BOS to PDX once a month i would only be at 60,000 miles.

I think $ based sounds good to me. I pay 1/20th of the price of a resident of Alaska to do the same number of miles. The $1000 I paid to do 20,000 miles = 1x RT ANC-DUT which is only 1400 miles. They should get more recognition
Old Mar 15, 2009, 11:54 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by CDKing
75,000 miles on AS metal seems very tough.
I did 77,000 all on AS metal last year, No transcons and only one SEA-HNL RT. The rest were all SEA-SoCals...
Old Mar 16, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; HHonors Gold
I flew ~35K miles last year, and looking towards ~45K this year, but I've probably spent more than most 75K fliers. Flights out of FAI and SCC are expensive.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:19 am

Programs: MVP Gold 75K, Board Room, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Steelehc
I flew ~35K miles last year, and looking towards ~45K this year, but I've probably spent more than most 75K fliers. Flights out of FAI and SCC are expensive.
Oh I bet! I know a few lowly MVP other slopeworkers that probably have paid 10 flyertalker's combined

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.