Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Major Schedule Change of 7 hours+ FLL-SEA. What can I ask AS to do when they made the

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major Schedule Change of 7 hours+ FLL-SEA. What can I ask AS to do when they made the

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2024, 4:25 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk
Original Poster

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)

I wonder if you could advise me what I am permitted to do in these circumstances. We are scheduled to fly FLL-SEA in early July. I picked up that this flight has been re timed from 17.40 to 10.00. It is asking me to confirm this new arrangement. To be honest, it does not suit, I realise that I can go a day earlier or later but there is only one flight a day it seems. This is probably due to the fallout of the 737 problems. I might add that I had not heard a word from AS themselves - it was Tripit that picked up that something had changed.

Would I be allowed to ask to go on a flight from Miami which leaves at the same hour on the same day? I ask because I have no idea to what anyone is entitled under circumstances such as this. If there is a thread that deals with this - then I am sorry but I have looked but I cannot find anything specific.I have even looked at cancelling and rebooking but I fear that the fares have gone up a lot since I booked this months ago.

Any help would be really appreciated - thank you in advance
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
If you want to fly to Miami instead just call Alaska up with the flight info and say "hey, yeah, major schedule change that won't work. Can you please move me to the Miami flight instead? Thanks!"
jsguyrus and QT31415 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by missamo80
If you want to fly to Miami instead just call Alaska up with the flight info and say "hey, yeah, major schedule change that won't work. Can you please move me to the Miami flight instead? Thanks!"
It is as simple as that? Thank you! I shall try and do just that.I am actually flying from rather than too FLL.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 7:52 am

Your TripIt notifies you of changes? I have TripIt Pro and it's never notified me of a single change.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hur88
Your TripIt notifies you of changes? I have TripIt Pro and it's never notified me of a single change.
Let me explain. It sent me a mail saying that I was entitled to a refund. Rather surprised I went and checked at Alaska and found that this change had taken place.

Anyhow - I did as missamo80 said - I called them. It was as easy as falling off a log. I was answered right away and the matter was dealt with swiftly by someone who was easy to understand. Now all I have to do is request a seat as the site is not showing me that. I suspect that they need to redo the ticketing before I can access that.

**UPDATE**

I got a confirmation mail and have now selected the seats for us both.

Thank you so much for helping me.

Last edited by PUCCI GALORE; Apr 1, 2024 at 8:16 am
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:14 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Res (and travel agents) are allowed to change origin or destination within 200 miles no charge, during a schedule change.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:19 am

200 miles? wow - that's generous compared to other airlines
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sea_flyer_17
I did not know if it was even allowed, It was done totally without question prevarication. I was most impressed with the service.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:27 am

Yeah, Delta is 100 as an example
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by sea_flyer_17
AA is 300 miles or so. Was able to change from ANC to FAI last fall on an itin that was a big help.
sea_flyer_17 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:33 pm

I've only ever done < 100 (around 94, so I thought I just snuck in) on AA, so that's good to know!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:35 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
The 200 miles is useful in Florida and Hawai'i. In Florida, it means if there's a big enough change, you can move to any of the airports served by AS *although I think MIA might be a hair too far for TPA*.

I've used this rule quite a bit when times change on flights in both locations. "If you can't get there, get close" mentality really will make your vacation better when your alternative is a redeye and you dispise them.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, WN A-List
I’m glad this worked out for the OP! I’ve had mixed results lately getting reasonable requests fulfilled if not strictly to the letter of Alaska’s guidelines, but, giving credit where it’s due, I had a great experience today. We had booked a connecting flight from Hawaii to SAN because it was substantially less expensive than the nonstop. A ~20 min schedule change narrowed our connection down to 40 minutes in SEA which is technically still legal but extremely risky in my experience (I have missed more than 50% of all connections I ever had in Seattle that were 40 minutes, especially on peak travel times and this is Labor Day I’m talking about). I politely asked reservations if they could move us onto the nonstop without charging a fare difference, and they did it no questions asked. Now I don’t have to spend my vacation worrying about missing my connection on a day when every flight home is 100% full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.