Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

“The electronic bag tag trial has ended“

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium

Just got the most bizarre email from Alaska, where they state the EBT trial is over. But then offer the ability to buy more tags and straps.

So is it over or not? I guess I’ll find out Monday on the next flight.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:14 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Costco Executive Member, Safeway Club Card
$79 to buy another one while supplies last…

While I do actually want one more (was denied earlier in the trial when they offered additional units via an email blast) I’m not willing to shell out US currency for it as it really helps out Alaska way more than it helps me.

Can’t wait to find out how this works for you. Hopefully seamless despite the trial ending.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:18 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
My email offers another one for free. I hardly used it. It was ugly and bulky and buggy so I won’t bother.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
My email offers another one for free. I hardly used it. It was ugly and bulky and buggy so I won’t bother.
The experience got dramatically better as the testing went on. It’s pretty seamless now.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:23 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by navydevildoc
The experience got dramatically better as the testing went on. It’s pretty seamless now.
I’ll wait to see if they fix the form factor. Looks like I have until end of April to order a free replacement.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:23 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I got the email and immediately got the strap replacement kit and ordered 2 more electronic bag tags (1 have my original one still and the agents are amazed still since they havent seen one in ages!). They can be used by a host of other carriers such as QR and LH. Hopefully, BA and others will come on board to allow this bag tag to be used with thier baggage.

i overall like traveling with no plastic tags.....given how much i travel...the plastic is piling up on just bag tags. I hope all carriers will try to go to a compostable paper bag tag soon.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:25 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
To clarify....its a strap replacement....not an actual bag tag device
Old Feb 22, 2024, 9:49 am

The website says they’ll be available for sale in early 2024. I wonder if the “trial is ending” because the official program/support are commencing?
Gallibep, anteater and missydarlin like this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 10:00 am
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Just got the most bizarre email from Alaska, where they state the EBT trial is over. But then offer the ability to buy more tags and straps.

So is it over or not? I guess I’ll find out Monday on the next flight.
The trial is over. They're now going to be available to the general public
Old Feb 22, 2024, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Your email offers a strap replacement for free.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 10:24 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by doublemazaa
The website says they’ll be available for sale in early 2024. I wonder if the “trial is ending” because the official program/support are commencing?
Yeah, I'm confused by this email as well. Is the program being rolled out to all customers now, or is it being wound down and discontinued?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 10:40 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
I signed up to be included in the trial when the announcement went out and never heard back. oh well
Old Feb 22, 2024, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by missydarlin
The trial is over. They're now going to be available to the general public
Probably could have been communicated far better in the e-mail. Clearly it's causing confusion.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 10:56 am

Probably could have been communicated far better in the e-mail. Clearly it's causing confusion.
Or I just have poor reading comprehension. I was just hoping they’d get down to something a little sleeker so have only used it twice on Alaska, with the last time over a year ago it seems like. I’ll have to look for it.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 10:57 am

noted
Resplendent likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.