Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

ADN Article: Seattle brewer and Alaska Airlines create airline’s first custom beer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ADN Article: Seattle brewer and Alaska Airlines create airline’s first custom beer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2024, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver

https://www.adn.com/business-economy/2024/02/20/seattle-brewer-and-alaska-airlines-create-airlines-first-custom-beer/

From the article:
​​​​​​ As of Feb. 20, passengers flying Alaska Airlines and visiting any Alaska Airlines Lounge will get to sip on an exclusive Fremont Brewing beer called Cloud Cruiser
Has anyone been able to try it yet? How is it?
Old Feb 20, 2024, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
https://www.adn.com/business-economy/2024/02/20/seattle-brewer-and-alaska-airlines-create-airlines-first-custom-beer/

From the article:

Has anyone been able to try it yet? How is it?
Isn't that the same IPA that's been on board for a little while now? I like it, it's quite good.
737maxspotter likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 4:15 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Isn't that the same IPA that's been on board for a little while now? I like it, it's quite good.
It is indeed. I will have one tonight on the way to Boston. The only other airline that I know that serves an exclusive beer is BA.
beckoa likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I have noticed it from recent flights. Haven't tried it, am more of an Anchor Steam person, but would like to one of these days.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by vanillabean
I have noticed it from recent flights. Haven't tried it, am more of an Anchor Steam person, but would like to one of these days.
OT: Hope there is a solution for Anchor Steam.

I don’t use drink beer on flights (except for those freebies on QX Q400s back in the days. But I might give this a try… or at the club.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by JayJ
It is indeed. I will have one tonight on the way to Boston. The only other airline that I know that serves an exclusive beer is BA.
You can also add Cathay Pacific onto that list, its called Besty.
mixmastermark likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
GrjApp and I met up at the N Lounge last week, and the server was more than happy to pour a taster of the Cloud Cruiser; unfortunately we had each already had a Tieton cranberry cider, so our palates weren’t really in a condition to be discerning

I tried another taster at Fremont Brewing over the weekend and came to the same conclusion (possibly again due to prior consumption )

I find it slightly on the citrusy and bitter side, with a mildly unusual aftertaste, but it’s decidedly ok
Old Feb 20, 2024, 11:18 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
Originally Posted by jrl767
GrjApp and I met up at the N Lounge last week, and the server was more than happy to pour a taster of the Cloud Cruiser; unfortunately we had each already had a Tieton cranberry cider, so our palates weren’t really in a condition to be discerning

I tried another taster at Fremont Brewing over the weekend and came to the same conclusion (possibly again due to prior consumption )

I find it slightly on the citrusy and bitter side, with a mildly unusual aftertaste, but it’s decidedly ok
I think the taste is strong to overcome the lose of taste at 34000 feet. I think it taste better after cruising at altitude for several hours
Old Feb 21, 2024, 2:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan MVP 75K
Delta also created their own IPA a couple years ago. Delta launches IPA “formulated specifically to be enjoyed at 35,000 feet” – Business Traveller

Condor also has a custom beer. Condor Introduces 'Ferien Lager' Beer Exclusively For Its Passengers - Business Traveler USA
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Talking

I think I prefer BA's

Originally Posted by jrl767

See... should have stuck with the cider

JL also has a collaboration:

As seen in the HNL Sakura Lounge
Intl359Widget likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.