Wiki Posts
Search

OW Sapphire - Alaska First Bag Allowance

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2024, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

OW Sapphire - Alaska First Bag Allowance

Hi All,

Can someone sense check this for me. Flying Alaskan First, SFO to LAS, with OW Sapphire through BA, am I right in thinking Alaskan will only give me 2 bags at 50lbs despite First and OW Status and any bag which is over weight (up to 70lbs) will be $100 more and any additional bag above the two bags will be a fee. Also my companion on the same PRN will have to pay for all their bags?

The reason I'm checking is that with AA I would get 3 bags at 32kg flying First.

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2024, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Alaska's bag fee page is pretty clear, I think: two free bags for oneworld Sapphire up to 50 pounds each, three free bags for Emerald, with a $100 overweight fee per 51-100 pound bag regardless of status. Two free bags for First (and they don’t stack, so a Sapphire in first gets two bags up to 50 pounds).

(edited to correct Sapphire/Emerald mix-up)
mediamonkey likes this.

Last edited by ashill; Feb 16, 2024 at 7:31 pm
Old Feb 16, 2024, 3:17 pm

Programs: AS MVP75K
BTW it’s Alaska…. Not Alaskan.
mediamonkey likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ashill
Alaska's bag fee page is pretty clear, I think: two free bags for oneworld Sapphire up to 50 pounds each, three free bags for Emerald, with a $100 overweight fee per 51-100 pound bag regardless of status. Two free bags for First (and they don’t stack, so a Sapphire in first gets two bags up to 50 pounds).

(edited to correct Sapphire/Emerald mix-up)
thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.