Search

What are AS' "Elite Guest Services"?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2024, 7:33 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K
What are AS' "Elite Guest Services"?

Has any one experienced Dedicated Elite Guest Services at Alaska Airlines? I noticed it has one of the Alaska Airlines Elite member benefits under service benefits on their website. How do you contact dedicated elite guest services? The only phone number I know is 1-800-ALASKAAIR. I have never had anyone identify themselves as working for Elite Guest Services on the phone when I call in. I have never seen anything Elite at North Satellite guest services at 6:00 AM on a Sunday morning when my first flight day is delayed by 45 minutes for no apparent reason and I am going to misconnect. Does this exist or is it just false advertising?
Old Feb 14, 2024, 8:12 pm

Programs: Yes
I’m assuming this may just be AS speak for priority handling (eg the phone system recognizes your elite status from your phone number and places you higher in the queue) when you contact AS.

I would love to be wrong, though. 🤙🏻🥃
minhaoxue likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 8:35 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

The website specifies these as elite service benefits:
  • Priority call routing
  • Elite Leave
  • Complimentary same-day flight changes
Old Feb 14, 2024, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by anteater
eg the phone system recognizes your elite status from your phone number and places you higher in the queue
How reliably does that actually work? I don't call AS very often because I am able to handle most things online or via chat/SMS/Twitter, but when I had to call reservations to book an award today the first thing the system asked me was my MileagePlan number (which of course I didn't know and had to look up). I was calling from my one and only phone number (mobile).
Old Feb 14, 2024, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
The "guest elite service" I would like to see implemented would be a dedicated agent in the Alaska Lounges to deal with rebooking during irrops.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
How reliably does that actually work? I don't call AS very often because I am able to handle most things online or via chat/SMS/Twitter, but when I had to call reservations to book an award today the first thing the system asked me was my MileagePlan number (which of course I didn't know and had to look up). I was calling from my one and only phone number (mobile).
I personally have never had an issue with the system recognizing my phone number, but AS has been having systematic IT issues since Tuesday or so, so I would chalk your experience up to that.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 9:01 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
For me it works pretty much 100%. Even during the MAX-9 debacle I never waited more than 3-4 minutes. During normal times I wait at most 10-15 seconds, and the service is outstanding!!!!!
JCR, TheBeerHunter and anteater like this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by BOB W
For me it works pretty much 100%. Even during the MAX-9 debacle I never waited more than 3-4 minutes. During normal times I wait at most 10-15 seconds, and the service is outstanding!!!!!
To clarify, there was no wait for an agent OTKWIA, and the agent was competent and friendly. It just surprised me that the system didn’t recognize my phone number.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 9:43 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
As a 100k there is a private number.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Is there? Tried DMing you but your FT box is full.

I just checked the AS app and both Res/CC numbers are published “MVP line” numbers and nothing 100K specific.
Seattle123 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
The "guest elite service" I would like to see implemented would be a dedicated agent in the Alaska Lounges to deal assist with rebooking, particularly during irrops.
ftfy … if I understand the policy correctly, AL staff can’t touch anything having to do with reservations (e.g., SDC)
Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:19 pm

My phone number (and mileage number) used to always be recognized but about six months ago it make me enter my mileage plan number every time I call. No idea why. Kind of annoying if you ask me.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 2:38 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
The number I call has always recognized my MP number and status based upon my phone.

That being said , what does it get me ……..????
anteater likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
I never give my MP#. I just say I don't know it and then say "agent" again and again until I'm connected to an agent/rep.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 10:24 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
I’ve been a 100K since it came out, but have never been told there is a dedicated number just for 100ks. But except during bad storms or the Max-9 issue, I’ve never had to wait more than a minute or two on the MVP line. During storms and MAX9 it was many hours for a call back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.