Wiki Posts
Search

PDX frequency adds

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
PDX frequency adds

AS put out a press release this morning touting a pile of frequency adds on routes from PDX:

Alaska Airlines better connects Portland with more flights to popular destinations | Alaska Air Group Inc

It is nice to see PDX starting to get some love from AS again. I am sure some of this is dart board material that will get whacked if it doesn’t perform, but you have to start somewhere. There are also some other instances of adds not mentioned in the press release, I.e. PDX-ANC going 3x daily starting this month.

Last edited by dayone; Feb 12, 2024 at 9:48 am Reason: Fix link.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 7:40 am

Programs: Hilton Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold
Glad to see this.

Like the fact that Kansas City and Minneapolis run longer. Would like to see some destinations added back, maybe if these have a good showing its possible. Wouid like to see Alaska (or AA) get a Philadelphia non-stop back on the board So hard to get to from here.

Originally Posted by Chugach
AS put out a press release this morning touting a pile of frequency adds on routes from PDX:

https://investor.alaskaair.com/news-...lights-popular

It is nice to see PDX starting to get some love from AS again. I am sure some of this is dart board material that will get whacked if it doesn’t perform, but you have to start somewhere. There are also some other instances of adds not mentioned in the press release, I.e. PDX-ANC going 3x daily starting this month.

Last edited by WebTraveler; Feb 12, 2024 at 4:20 pm
Old Feb 12, 2024, 8:05 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Looking forward to connecting via PDX and boosting my mileage accounts.

Jiburi
beckoa likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I do think it's interesting that the seasonal PDX-RDM flight is so popular that they are adding a 2nd flight--why not just make at least one flight year round? I'm also hoping for one more former dot to be connected--PDX-EUG (especially with the increased connection opportunities in PDX).
Old Feb 12, 2024, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I do think it's interesting that the seasonal PDX-RDM flight is so popular that they are adding a 2nd flight--why not just make at least one flight year round?
Right… I am driving over the mountains in June to catch an award flight out of PDX. Pretty annoying. I had PDX-PHX-XXX and then AS rescheduled PDX-PHX and put me on PDX-SEA-PHX-XXX…
Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Right… I am driving over the mountains in June to catch an award flight out of PDX. Pretty annoying. I had PDX-PHX-XXX and then AS rescheduled PDX-PHX and put me on PDX-SEA-PHX-XXX…
Maybe you can get that PDX-SEA segment to change to RDM-SEA.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Maybe you can get that PDX-SEA segment to change to RDM-SEA.
Yeah, maybe… there is no award space at the moment for that route (surprise!) - would AS be inclined to open up space on their own metal? That said, I also found award space on the non-stop PDX-XXX for a close-by date that I am considering using instead. Still requires a one way rental car to PDX, of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.