Wiki Posts
Search

[Rant] Premium Is Better than First

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by mtofell
I can only imagine how many man-hours were spent writing, re-writing, woke-testing and running by legal counsel this material to meet today's standard and fear of being canceled, called out, shamed and ridiculed for appearing uncaring and insensitive.
Well, I do expect that there are quite a few people that would pay for 2 seats just for comfort that aren't within "seatbelt extender" range. Besides, I cannot imagine an airline actually advertising its Fa Tass Service just as such I wonder if/how this applies to the "Premium" part of Y (including instant UGs for top elites).
Old Mar 20, 2024, 9:35 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by mtofell
I can only imagine how many man-hours were spent writing, re-writing, woke-testing and running by legal counsel this material to meet today's standard and fear of being canceled, called out, shamed and ridiculed for appearing uncaring and insensitive.
Maybe I should ask to talk to Alaska’s legal counsel about the pastrami sandwich in First Class.

If you look at the red-eye flights from SFO and SEA, even SAN, to JFK and EWR, the flight status page for the coming three nights will show this item being an alternative to the signature fruit and cheese plate, but not from SFO and SEA to ORD.

What’s going on here? It’s not like ORD is chopped liver. It’s a major airport with connecting flights and a good distance from the west coast. Fare prices for Alaska to ORD from SFO are often higher than to NYC. And people in Chicago really appreciate pastrami sandwiches.

I called Alaska reservations, but the customer service agent didn't know much about it and assumed it was just some decision made at headquarters. She may also have been too young and/or west coast to relate to a non-salad culture. We humbly agreed that the catering for the JFK flight probably couldn't just drop off a couple of sandwiches at the nearby gate of the ORD flight.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
different service standards for midcon vs TCON
Old Mar 20, 2024, 9:43 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by vanillabean
... And people in chicago really appreciate pastrami sandwiches...
FACT ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.