Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Possible SFO cancellations tomorrow, Feb. 5?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible SFO cancellations tomorrow, Feb. 5?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2024, 11:51 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
After my delay Sunday night I ended up just staying at the GH instead of taking the BART as recommended here. I called them after landing and they hadn’t had any power outages so seemed same. There was a decent employee rate for a little over $100 and I quite like the property. Great views of the tarmac and got upgraded to a suite as a globalist. So things ended up working out and I was able to fly out Monday without any issues. Was surprised how open flights were Monday despite the crazy amount of cancellations the day prior. Curious how all the people from cancelled Sunday flights were reaccomodated.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
Brief deice in SEA. Now an atc hold at the end of the runway. We have a "takeoff time" of 8:03 AM. Wanted to make the shuffle to the AA SFO lounge for a shower. Might not happen now :/
Wow... that is quite the haul to the B13 Aadmirals Club from D4. Took me about 25 minutes over (ended up going under the road thanks wayfinding...) and took the bridge on the return. Solid shower. Can't wait for the connector to be done. Exiting was even a longer detour... for now.

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
After my delay Sunday night I ended up just staying at the GH instead of taking the BART as recommended here. I called them after landing and they hadn’t had any power outages so seemed same. There was a decent employee rate for a little over $100 and I quite like the property. Great views of the tarmac and got upgraded to a suite as a globalist. So things ended up working out and I was able to fly out Monday without any issues. Was surprised how open flights were Monday despite the crazy amount of cancellations the day prior. Curious how all the people from cancelled Sunday flights were reaccomodated.
Sounds like a solid rate! Good show.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wow... that is quite the haul to the B13 Aadmirals Club from D4. Took me about 25 minutes over (ended up going under the road thanks wayfinding...) and took the bridge on the return. Solid shower. Can't wait for the connector to be done. Exiting was even a longer detour... for now.
Silly you. The "haul" is an unpublished 100K Perk, the Alaska Airlines Elite Exercise Program. And it is a Rollover benefit, too, as in, if you exert yourself too much, you'll roll over, and the SFFD Paramedics will come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.