Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAX 9 Resumed Flying on 1/26/2024

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2024, 3:17 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jakeller
Just got an alert for this NYTimes story. Not great PR for Alaska.

"A day before the door plug blew out of an Alaska Airlines flight on Jan. 5, engineers and technicians for the airline were so concerned about the mounting evidence of a problem that they wanted the plane to come out of service the next evening and undergo maintenance, interviews and documents show.

But the airline chose to keep the plane, a Boeing 737 Max 9, in service on Jan. 5 with some restrictions, carrying passengers until it completed three flights that were scheduled to end that night in Portland, Ore., the site of one of the airline’s maintenance facilities."
Pure gold for the attorneys representing the passengers who are suing AS. Makes their job of convincing a jury that AS knew of the danger and still allowed it to fly much easier.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by jakeller
Just got an alert for this NYTimes story. Not great PR for Alaska.

"A day before the door plug blew out of an Alaska Airlines flight on Jan. 5, engineers and technicians for the airline were so concerned about the mounting evidence of a problem that they wanted the plane to come out of service the next evening and undergo maintenance, interviews and documents show.

But the airline chose to keep the plane, a Boeing 737 Max 9, in service on Jan. 5 with some restrictions, carrying passengers until it completed three flights that were scheduled to end that night in Portland, Ore., the site of one of the airline’s maintenance facilities."
This is a highly sensationalized article reiterating what the NTSB already said in a press briefing a couple days after the accident. Specifically that more maintenance had been ordered to figure out why the warning lights kept turning on but had not yet been performed. I don’t think they made mention of the exact timeframe, but otherwise it is not new info.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:19 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
This is a highly sensationalized article

more maintenance had been ordered to figure out why the warning lights kept turning on but had not yet been performed.
Hmmm.... not sure I see these two parts adding up. I'm a huge AS fan and am generally not a fan of overblowing things. I'll also admit I haven't followed every part of this story everyday. BUT, this doesn't look good if even close to true. WARNING lights are not anything to be taken lightly.

Old Mar 20, 2024, 9:56 am

Programs: AAdvantage, DL SkyMiles, TrueBlue, Marriott Bonvoy, Amtrak Rewards
New travel advisory posted on the AS website https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ad...advisories#max

Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:42 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by A319 V2500
New travel advisory posted on the AS website https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ad...advisories#max

Knowing Details under the Flight Summary is often WRONG and most often the detail of what "WAS" scheduled at the time of booking, this assurance is likely going to cause more confusion/frustrations. Not sure why March 31 is the magic date.

Jiburi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.