Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-mailed Video from Ben

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2024, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
E-mailed Video from Ben

If you are not interested in listening for 6 minutes, there is a transcript at Youtube you can read instead. You have to click the Transcript link below the video, the transcript pops up on the top right. The transcript is not his script, Youtube derives it. I think it's partially Speech to Text, a bit of lipreading, and just plain guesswork.

And if you click the above, they get fewer "click thrus" on their email, which might confuse their marketing numbers, which is always fun to do
Old Jan 17, 2024, 9:43 am

Why does he look like a Marvel villain?
pitflyer, jakeller, pxm and 18 others like this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 9:46 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Interesting pieces of information for me:
1. AS started inspections since Jan 13th and has been feeding data back to FAA.
2. AS will add their own quality assurance with Boeing production lines.
3. "Proudly All Boeing".
Old Jan 17, 2024, 9:48 am

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by Agosti
Interesting pieces of information for me:
1. AS started inspections since Jan 13th and has been feeding data back to FAA.
2. AS will add their own quality assurance with Boeing production lines.
3. "Proudly All Boeing".
Ben lacks the charm and empathy of Tilden. Really think he’s the wrong guy for the job, have thought it for a while. As a former employee and a current shareholder it’s disappointing seeing the trajectory the company has been on since he’s taken over.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Was interesting to watch just after boarding this morning (on my phone). Appreciate the update.
jsguyrus likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 9:58 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Looks like they are doubling down on "proudly all Boeing".....I hope Boeing wrote a huge cheque to AS for all this mess with more invoices to come for them to pay......
Old Jan 17, 2024, 10:50 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Gotta appease the Shareholders. That's all he seems to ever truly care about. And my lord....the man needs an empathy and emotion class for Public Speaking.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 10:51 am
jmw

I would have kept #3 to myself and saved it for later. Sometimes it's better not to say anything. This is not the type of messaging that shows Boeing needs to do anything different to keep business.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
Ben lacks the charm and empathy of Tilden. Really think he’s the wrong guy for the job, have thought it for a while. As a former employee and a current shareholder it’s disappointing seeing the trajectory the company has been on since he’s taken over.
Do you really think the post Tilden "trajectory" is that different than the when Tilden was CEO? Do you also not believe that some of that trajectory was not put in motion by Tilden? Seriously?

I'm not entirely convinced that this specific situation would be playing out all that differently whether Tilden was still CEO or not. At the end of the day, this situation is what it is and the inspections are what they are. Having "charm" does really change that. And obviously, "Proudly all Boeing" is certainly a battle cry that Tilden helped entrench/support. In terms of trajectory, new CEO is doing things like, you know, pursuing an acquisition of HA, which probably will not create much shareholder value. Kinda similar trajectory to Tilden pursuing another merger that I heard about, which also probably didn't create much shareholder value. What's really different?

Obviously, Tilden was generally a good CEO, not saying otherwise, but I also don't see this situation playing out all the differently were he still here.

Regards
Old Jan 17, 2024, 10:55 am

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by scubadu
Do you really think the post Tilden "trajectory" is that different than the when Tilden was CEO? Do you also not believe that some of that trajectory was not put in motion by Tilden? Seriously?

I'm not entirely convinced that this specific situation would be playing out all that differently whether Tilden was still CEO or not. At the end of the day, this situation is what it is and the inspections are what they are. Having "charm" does really change that. And obviously, "Proudly all Boeing" is certainly a battle cry that Tilden helped entrench/support. In terms of trajectory, new CEO is doing things like, you know, pursuing an acquisition of HA, which probably will not create much shareholder value. Kinda similar trajectory to Tilden pursuing another merger that I heard about, which also probably didn't create much shareholder value. What's really different?

Obviously, Tilden was generally a good CEO, not saying otherwise, but I also don't see this situation playing out all the differently were he still here.

Regards
Ben isn’t a “new CEO” he’s had the reigns for a while now and this is squarely on him.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 11:05 am

Ben isn’t a “new CEO” he’s had the reigns for a while now and this is squarely on him.
That's pretty much a non-answer, but ok, fair enough.

Regards
Old Jan 17, 2024, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm curious as to what you think is "squarely on him"?
Old Jan 17, 2024, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
I assume that I’m not the only one depending on AS to get me to the Texas eclipse in April. Surely he’ll have this problem fixed by that time, yes? And indeed BA should be paying a lot of Slotting money to AS / UA for this max problem before at least 1 of these airlines (AS) goes all airbus.

Originally Posted by Baze
I'm curious as to what you think is "squarely on him"?
well, how about the cancellations that occur 1-2 days before the flight instead of days before the cancelled flights. I checked sfo-aus on Tuesday and the Thursday flight was on schedule. Today I see that it’s cancelled.
moondog and pxm like this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by gaobest
I assume that I’m not the only one depending on AS to get me to the Texas eclipse in April. Surely he’ll have this problem fixed by that time, yes? And indeed BA should be paying a lot of Slotting money to AS / UA for this max problem before at least 1 of these airlines (AS) goes all airbus.
Well, I mean even if they don't have it fixed, it turns out there are other airlines that fly to Texas (at least last I checked). I'm pretty sure the eclipse will happen on schedule...

Regards.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
“Hi. I’m Ben Minicucci. I want to assure all of you loyal Alaska customers that when we get multiple warnings about aircraft pressurization, we take that aircraft off eTOPS routes, but we definitely don’t ground it for inspections. That’s because your safety is our number one priority. Thank you.”

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.