Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

"A Behind-The-Scenes Peek at How (AS) Meals Are Made"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2024, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K and AS 1MM

https://www.seattletimes.com/life/fo...eals-are-made/
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:17 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Not sure oysters on a plane is a bridge I can cross...
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Do I really want to know?
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I can't be the only one who wishes they would just simplify the meal offerings. The burger, the Jetsetter Jam sandwich and the sesame chicken are my three favorites. Give me more like those, please, and less "dishes of slow-poached oysters, chicken teriyaki and warm hazelnut huckleberry cake with bay leaf whipped crème fraîche."
catawba likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Phrozen
I can't be the only one who wishes they would just simplify the meal offerings. The burger, the Jetsetter Jam sandwich and the sesame chicken are my three favorites. Give me more like those, please, and less "dishes of slow-poached oysters, chicken teriyaki and warm hazelnut huckleberry cake with bay leaf whipped crème fraîche."
Agreed....my general rule of thumb is that if I wouldn't order it in a restaurant on the ground, I don't want it in the air.
Phrozen likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Agreed....my general rule of thumb is that if I wouldn't order it in a restaurant on the ground, I don't want it in the air.
Surprised your Portland Residence Card hasn't been revoked, given your middle America palate .

And some of us would order the offerings on the ground! Perhaps AS should offer old foil style Swanson TV Dinners ... Although some of them were better than a few of the onboard meals I've "enjoyed."
Old Jan 6, 2024, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
The Jetsetter Jam plate is Alaska’s best yet - A great Sammy with a fruit and cheese. delicious perfection.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 1:59 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
I assumed the items listed in the article (very interesting) were not necessarily for AS but for international flights catered Gate Gourmet. Must say though that over quite a few recent flights in F, the catering is greatly improved! I have begun to look forward to certain dishes and to believe it's going to be quite okay to try something new. My only gripe is that there is so much kale....yuk! Give me lettuces or cabbages but not this hybrid sort of green!
flyupfrnt, Crazy Dave and beckoa like this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Ugh. I have no idea how anyone likes the Jetsetter Jam. The absolute driest, lacking in flavor sandwich I've had. I tried it twice to make sure the first wasnt a fluke.

I personally love Alaskas meals. They are some of the best I've had across domestic carriers, and more importantly they generally are consistent.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 6:07 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by williwaw
This is a sequel that writes itself. Someone get Jackson's agent to see if he's interested...
williwaw likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I'll take some caviar
Old Jan 6, 2024, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by beckoa
I'll take some caviar

the Alaskan version?
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 1:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by jrl767

the Alaskan version?
I like the little eggs. Salmon roe is great for fishing
Old Jan 7, 2024, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by williwaw
Were you one of the survivors of Trans-American Airlines Flight 209?

I had the lasagna.
williwaw likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 2:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I mean, they are not force-feeding you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.