Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Plan Changes - 2024 & 2025

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Mileage Plan Changes - 2024 & 2025

Stumbled onto the "A more rewarding Mileage Plan in 2024" webpage (scroll up to the top) and I don't recall seeing any discussion on this in other threads (apologies if it has already been posted):
  • In 2024, status is based solely on EQMs (AS and its global partners.) No minimum number of AS flights is required.
  • EQM bonus for AS credit card spend for all of 2024 - 4,000 EQMs for every $10k in spend (up to 20,000 EQMs in total)
  • 100Ks have excess EQMs (over 100K) rollover towards requalifying in 2024
  • Announced elite bonus mile changes for 2025:
    • MVP drops from 50% bonus to 25%
    • MVP Gold drops from 100% bonus to 50%
    • MVP Gold 75K drops from 125% bonus to 100%
    • No change to MVP Gold 100Ks (150% bonus)
If there were other changes, they slipped past me.

And I've just received an email on this topic.
beckoa, SamirD, anteater and 2 others like this.

Last edited by dgreen12; Dec 13, 2023 at 1:15 pm Reason: Email arrived with the same information.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: Yes
An increased number of elites and a decrease in benefits The enhanced Mileage Plan ™. 🤙🏻🍹
Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Big fan of not needing segments anymore. That’s great news. I remember all the heat I got wanting this change and pointing out basically no other domestic airline program requires anymore. Wish there wasn’t a cap to eqm earned via cc and imagine they’ll eventually remove or relax it.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:11 pm

Programs: AS 100K
sorry, but as annoying the segment requirement was, I appreciated it because it meant that the generous status benefits were given to customers who actually fly Alaska, you know, it's core customers. Maybe they're doing it cuz of the HA merger. But I kinda hope the segment requirement comes back.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
speaking as one who has maintained DL PM through rollover for the last several years, this is nice to see < quickly checks to verify that Friday’s DCA-SEA is indeed on AA, so there will be 4000-some more EQMs rolling over >
anteater likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
sorry, but as annoying the segment requirement was, I appreciated it because it meant that the generous status benefits were given to customers who actually fly Alaska, you know, it's core customers. Maybe they're doing it cuz of the HA merger. But I kinda hope the segment requirement comes back.
I never understood this fear. What benefits are you afraid they are giving to those who aren't flying alaska? If anything it improve your odds of upgrades and quieter lounges as we go back to flying AA instead.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Rollover eqm is nice. I may have had more eqm in 2023 had they announced that sooner. I'll still roll over 20K or so.

Devaluing the bonuses for everyone else is unfortunate. Especially Gold for MM'ers.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: MVP100K, A-list, Marriott/IHG Plat, CHP525 Ticket Plat, CHP Solo Carpool 100K, Costco EXP, Tinder 1K
I almost screamed when I saw the title

Almost screamed when I saw "A more rewarding Mileage Plan in 2024"

That's what Delta said in their email when they announced major (mostly negative) changes to the program..
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:43 pm

Excited for the rollover EQM, makes it so that there's a little more incentive to fly AS after requalifying for status.

I do wonder what kind of day of travel perks will be available for selection? Perhaps something similar to Hyatts guest of honor?

Last edited by anhuang19; Dec 13, 2023 at 12:48 pm Reason: more thoughts
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
Rollover eqm is nice. I may have had more eqm in 2023 had they announced that sooner. I'll still roll over 20K or so.

Devaluing the bonuses for everyone else is unfortunate. Especially Gold for MM'ers.
I wish they announced this sooner. I cancelled some AS tickets this week for other carriers.

More choice rewards coming in late 2024. Pick the benefits you care about most—like bonus miles, day-of-travel perks, experiences, and status accelerators.
This seems interesting. But kind of weird they're not announcing status accelerators until the end of the year when most people have already booked/planned most of their travel already.

Last edited by TalkingPoint; Dec 13, 2023 at 12:58 pm
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Gary Leff has a breakdown of all the changes plus comments from Mileage Plan execs. A few things I noticed:

* The mileage rollover is a one time thing, not a new benefit
* One of the 100k choice benefits will be miles that Alaska claims will restore what you would have earned under the old bonus %
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:22 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
whelp. with the 20K EQM for MM, I'll be at 100K by July. Thanks.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:22 pm

And in the other thread, someone is arguing that AS is still very competitive even after chart devaluation since you earn miles faster. Well, they just slashed the EQM bonus in half for MVPG, which is probably the most popular tier? Now only true road warriors who are lucky enough to not be put in saver fares have a chance of redeeming AS miles for great trips on a semi-regular basis, given they can find availability in unicorn-land. Except those warriors would have to suffer through AS's subpar transcon planes, broken upgrade processor, very few lounge locations, "stellar" IT, and limited schedule.
Eliminating segment requirements sounds nice, but just reminds me of a few folks I have met in Asia who dump their qualifying flights into AS and got MVPG without even seeing an AS plane in their life. They may be a minority, but the floodgates of information will open once a cheap overseas "sale" is made available to the huge crowds, and there will be suddenly a wave of freshly minted MVP's who have never stepped onto an AS plane. It is just a matter of time.
lensovet and mildfrequence like this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
*Sigh of relief*

This is not bad news at all.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:28 pm

Programs: MVPGold 75K
So excited for rollover

I have 159000 rollover beyond 100000, so I am basically already qualified for 2025, it appears

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.