Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

One Day 25% Off HawaII - Q1 and Certain Days

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2023, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya

One day sale for 12/12 to Hawaii with limitations. Enter HAWAII25 into the discount code field.
  • Discount is valid for flights in the United States and Canada to and from Alaska Airlines operated airports in the state of Hawaii from January 15, 2024 to March 13, 2024.
  • Flights must depart on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays only.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...rodID:FareSale
dayone likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
So I wanted to take advantage of this and change an existing HNL-SEA flight in February to an earlier flight on the same day, but ran into something mildly amusing. I logged onto the website and attempted to change my reservation. I kept the same departing and arriving airports and the same day, and then hit the "Continue" button, which is supposed to bring up the list of alternate flights that I can change to. To my surprise, I got the following error message instead:

"Intra-Hawaii flights are not serviced by Alaska Airlines or any of our partners."

Wait, what? Did I miss the memo? Was Seattle annexed by the state of Hawaii? Or perhaps this was a condition of Alaska's merger with Hawaiian?

Sigh, Alaska IT at its finest! Tried the mobile app and I got the same result. Tried changing the arriving airport to other cities like PDX and SFO and got the same error, though changing the departing airport to PDX (so that neither the departing nor arriving airport is in Hawaii) does make the error go away. Tried calling in, and the rep I spoke with sympathized with the IT issue but indicated they couldn't make the change for me because they couldn't apply the HAWAII25 code. They even confirmed with a supervisor, though perhaps I should nevertheless have attempted a HUCA?

Anyway, I ended up just cancelling my existing reservation for wallet credit and then re-booking using HAWAII25. Even if I didn't encounter the bogus intra-Hawaii error, I probably would have needed to do that anyway because IIRC, you can't apply a new discount code when changing a reservation.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by williwaw
One day sale for 12/12 to Hawaii with limitations. Enter HAWAII25 into the discount code field.
  • Discount is valid for flights in the United States and Canada to and from Alaska Airlines operated airports in the state of Hawaii from January 15, 2024 to March 13, 2024.
  • Flights must depart on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays only.
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/de...rodID:FareSale
I assume this excludes F tickets as these deals normally do?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 4:08 pm

Programs: All the Programs...
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by nomad420
I just did a quick search and yeah it appears so.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 9:35 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by nomad420
Also excluded Y, B, H, K, M, L, V, S, or N (GGU fares).
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:42 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by diver858
Also excluded Y, B, H, K, M, L, V, S, or N (GGU fares).
No, the GGU fares weren't excluded. When I changed the reservation described in post #2, I went from a G fare to an N fare (which ended up being about the same as the original G fare due to the discount), and then applied a GGU. I mentioned in the post that I switched to an earlier flight, and that was because the earlier flight had U space.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
I booked a roundtrip SAN-HNL yesterday for the end of February, GGU eligible fare offered was almost $100 more than the main fare, did not show the discount icon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.