Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to tell saver award?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2023, 4:20 am
Original Poster

How to tell saver award?

I apologize if this has been asked before.

i can’t find information on how to tell if a flight on AS is a Saver award that’s available to book with partner. Is there a trick to this besides the paid expert flyer? United and AA have fare code for that reason, but I’m struggling with AS.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flybie
I apologize if this has been asked before.

i can’t find information on how to tell if a flight on AS is a Saver award that’s available to book with partner. Is there a trick to this besides the paid expert flyer? United and AA have fare code for that reason, but I’m struggling with AS.
You can always search on the partner...
Old Dec 2, 2023, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
You can always search on the partner...
I can always tell AA saver awards available by seeing them on the AS website....and vice versa.
Saver fare is T class for Y and E class for F

I do highly recommend EF basic subscription for anyone that somewhat travels for work/personal....i love it for the flight status alone!
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by isaacchambers
I can always tell AA saver awards available by seeing them on the AS website....and vice versa.
Saver fare is T class for Y and E class for F

I do highly recommend EF basic subscription for anyone that somewhat travels for work/personal....i love it for the flight status alone!
I agree but even with the EF subscription I often find it easier to search for saver space by searching a partner. Not always, sometimes the week by week EF search is faster.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: AAdvantage PPro
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I agree but even with the EF subscription I often find it easier to search for saver space by searching a partner. Not always, sometimes the week by week EF search is faster.
When people say they are searching a partner, how does this work? You find avios availability and then call AA to get booked on it? I've always just limited myself to what is available on AA.com (because I am always flying to or from the US, though this may change). Are you telling me there is award inventory that is not on there? Or is this only for awards that aren't flights to/from the US?
Old Dec 3, 2023, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skviolet98
When people say they are searching a partner, how does this work? You find avios availability and then call AA to get booked on it? I've always just limited myself to what is available on AA.com (because I am always flying to or from the US, though this may change). Are you telling me there is award inventory that is not on there? Or is this only for awards that aren't flights to/from the US?
Saver space should be visible on all partners.

When searching AS for AS flights, it's not clear which of the AS awards have saver space. So search a partner.

Similarly when searching AA for AA flights, it's not clear which are saver. So search a partner. If you see an AA award on AS, it's saver. If you see an AS award on AA, it's saver. If you see either on BA, it's saver.
lensovet likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.