Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Way to Earn EQMs Without Flying

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2024, 11:09 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I'd rather have much lower expenses and pay for fancy flights with my credit card than the reverse, which are the true facts of many of us
I own three businesses, and combined with personal expenses charge every single thing I can and pay it off every month and have done so ever since they came up with this points game. Heck I even pay the insurance bills on my mortgages with a card and the have the lender refund it to me in the form of a check.. So for free I’ve travelled all over the world and stayed in the nicest hotels.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:27 am

Programs: AS
Glad you got them posted. I expected at least one if not two of those in my account by now, after 2 billing cycles closed, but nothing yet. Wish AS was more prompt with this, so I could direct my spending accordingly...
Boraxo and Waitlisted like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
They are not expedient posting the EQM. Last year for my statement closing date on the 8th day of the month the EQM were posting on or around the 26th.
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I got three each of the 4000 EQM postings for January charges with more to come in February. The 20,000 max miles plus over 10,000 EQMs on a PDX to MIA mileage run this week should ensure I’ll get 100K at the end of the year instead of just 75K. I guess it’s time to switch my charges back over to the chase sapphire reserve though, as there’s no more benefit using the Alaska card.
Any more data points? I am hoping not to wait 3-4 months from statement date.

BofA miles posted March 3 and still no EQM.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 6:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Any more data points? I am hoping not to wait 3-4 months from statement date.

BofA miles posted March 3 and still no EQM.
Between Mrs. WT4F and me, we are seeing around 3 weeks after posting the statement that takes you across the threshold for a $10K spend increment.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 6:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
My statement posted 2/22, and I'm still waiting for my EQM. I just want them to post so I can stop checking every day!
Old Mar 20, 2024, 12:35 pm

My Bof A cutoff for statement is the 25th of each month. Last year, I got credited to my AS mileage account within 2 days. It started up again this year, and, while I didn't crank up spending for a Jan '2024 payout, the Feb 2024 spend easily put me into the $10,000 zone and I got 4,000 eqm within 2 days. After latest spending spree for Feb/March, I may well get the other 16,000 eqm after next statement.

So, we are able to spend and watch the eqm flow in. My big hope is that they continue the rollover above 100,000 in to 2025. After doing well, in 2023, I already started the year +25,000 and now will be MVP100 by the end of this month. So, I very much hope they will keep the rollover for the end of this year into the next.

So, one poster mentioned that there was not much to do after going over the 20,000 eqm limit on spend, but the 100,000 rollover is still a decent incentive to fly AS, even though the spend bonus is not there. If one looks at AA, they have unlimited potential to earn Advantage Miles on spend, even over their EXPlat level, although the later bonuses seem to taper after going over 240,000 eqm earned..

At any rate, I hope they keep up the rollover eqm's into the following year for the MVP100 folks.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 4:58 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I have now spent $10K, but am in no particular rush to get the 4K EQM, can't use them until I hit 96K. Which reminds me, is the benefit of the 50K bonus RDM withheld until there's a 100K of actual flying as with 75K?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.