Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Way to Earn EQMs Without Flying

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2023, 7:03 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I know, first world problems. But they have no problems charging your credit card the same day, so I don’t quite understand why anyone should be satisfied with a “delivery” of the “goods” weeks later. Or should we assume that AS will only deliver the miles when they have grown the SAF?
I agree with this! I wrote in to try and have them manually seat me in Premium Class since I technically am a 75K.

They would not and the person who wrote back said “we cannot credit the miles until the transaction clears.” It sure cleared my credit card fast enough 😂
Old Dec 28, 2023, 7:22 pm

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
To all who got their 50K bonuses, good for you. An AS agent told me otherwise. Specifically, that it would be the same as last year's bungled 2xEQM promotion for flights in/out of California. Those EQMs did not count toward earning the 50K bonus, and as I said, the CSR confirmed that in a recent call.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by noneemac
To all who got their 50K bonuses, good for you. An AS agent told me otherwise. Specifically, that it would be the same as last year's bungled 2xEQM promotion for flights in/out of California. Those EQMs did not count toward earning the 50K bonus, and as I said, the CSR confirmed that in a recent call.
I’d bet on an incompetent or poorly trained CSR… but how to p*** off some of your best customers (we’re all in the 10%, no?)
Old Dec 30, 2023, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by DTS
All of that is fine, but it doesn’t help if you are taking AS/OW flights early on next year…
im going to be about 900 miles short of 100k so I bought the miles and confirmed with a customer service agent today that the miles I purchased would bump me to 100k status when they post. But until then I will just be 75k. I’m nervous I will lose the benefit or be told something different next year. I am flying to maui and back today just to get to 99,100. Hope it’s not for nothing
Old Dec 30, 2023, 11:02 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm one segment short of 24, so buying up for extra EQM wouldn't matter. My wife is just 2.4K EQM short, so between her December CC spend and one SAF credit she will cross the threshold to 100K. Hopefully the 100K Choice Award shows up in January when the CC spend EQM and the SAF EQM are credited to her account. I think at $100 it's worth the risk of not getting the additional 50K RDM, though I expect them to come through.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by noneemac
I got over the 100K threshold with SAF. I got the 50K miles as one of my 100k choices and I took it, it credited instantly.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 11:19 am

Cashed in miles to get eqm for goldmvp

Originally Posted by Nevergnar
im going to be about 900 miles short of 100k so I bought the miles and confirmed with a customer service agent today that the miles I purchased would bump me to 100k status when they post. But until then I will just be 75k. I’m nervous I will lose the benefit or be told something different next year. I am flying to maui and back today just to get to 99,100. Hope it’s not for nothing

I cashed in miles to buy the eqm on the 28th. Miles deducted and status changed immediately.
mtofell and Nevergnar like this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Kathy_marie
I cashed in miles to buy the eqm on the 28th. Miles deducted and status changed immediately.
Can you buy SAF EQMs with miles? I thought it was a cash purchase.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 3:51 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by Kathy_marie
I would have loved to pay in miles, but I only had cash option…
Old Jan 1, 2024, 10:30 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Still waiting for SAF EQM credit, status downgraded…
Old Jan 1, 2024, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by DTS
Still waiting for SAF EQM credit, status downgraded…
same with me I’m at 75k now. The 2nd segment of the flight I took yesterday has not populated in my points activity. It was from SAN-PDX and landed at 11pm. Is there a delay in posting points? The flight I took earlier did post during my layover
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:19 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
I’m in the same 737 as a lot of you: think that with BofA and the sustainable credit should be a 100K, but still waiting.

Like a lot of Alaska, this seems to be a manual process.

Also should not need to be said, but once you have a higher status you need to talk to customer service to have them refresh reservations so you get appropriate benefits.
chunmin and willoL like this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 6:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL GM
Looks like the SAF EQMs I bought on December 8th posted today and my status updated correctly.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold   |   Former: DL Diamond, HA Pualani Gold
SAF/Chooose EQMs bought Dec 18th still haven’t hit, and it’s a bummer because we have a flight for 3 people tomorrow on Jan 9th. 😭
Old Jan 8, 2024, 1:48 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Data point - bought SAF on Dec 30. Today (Jan 8), status updated to 100K. On my account activity, the SAF EQM credited as "Special Services" on Dec 31

I did not call or email anybody

edit - sadly, when I log in to my account, I see anything to choose my 100K choice benefits. And going to https://www.alaskaair.com/account/mpchoice redirects me to the my account page so chalk this up to a data point that the SAF doesn't qualify for 100K choice benefit

Last edited by maradori; Jan 8, 2024 at 1:55 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.