Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Way to Earn EQMs Without Flying

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:16 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by noneemac
A warning to all of you who think you are so clever by not doing the needed mileage run: you will not get your bonus miles unless you get your 75k/100k miles as BIS miles.
Sorry, but you're quite wrong. I received my 50k miles last week and do not quite have 75k BIS miles (I'm < 100 miles under).
jsguyrus and braddahman86 like this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by flymonthly
Sorry, but you're quite wrong. I received my 50k miles last week and do not quite have 75k BIS miles (I'm < 100 miles under).
Same here.
braddahman86 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
A warning to all of you who think you are so clever by not doing the needed mileage run: you will not get your bonus miles unless you get your 75k/100k miles as BIS miles.
I didn’t use this offer, but I qualified for 75k status with 73k BIS EQM and 2k EQM from credit card spend, and I most definitely received my 50k RDM.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 4:12 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Aside from the promotion and CC spend it's possible to go over 75K, etc. and get all the perks with 500 min EQM on short routes and fare class bonuses.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 10:27 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Mileage Run vs. Timing of SAF EQM Purchase

I put a couple hundred bucks into a "Sustainable Aviation Fuel" purchase in lieu of a butt-in-seat mileage run--has anyone here done this? The website it can take 2-4 weeks to post but I'm curious if anyone has personal experience. I'm relying on it to clear the 75k threshold for this year...
Old Dec 26, 2023, 10:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
I'm in the exactly same boat, and have been casually looking for an answer to the same question, so consider me watching your thread with the popcorn in hand now.

My final flight of 2023 is in a couple of days, but I did bite the bullet and buy the carbon offset miles that I'll need to clear the same threshold you're at. I've been hoping they'd magically post immediately and show in my YTD progress , but it has been a few days for me and no updates visible on alaskaair.com.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 12:46 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I bought them a week ago from yesterday. They have not appeared. They are for getting to 75K as well.

I have 2024 flights starting 1/3/23…so was hoping they would post faster than the 2-4 weeks.

I called and tried to get PC seats assigned based on the fact I *technically* am a 75K now…agent didn’t even understand what I was saying and said there was “no option to buy EQM as far as she knows, those have to be earned by flying on Alaska Airlines operated flights only…”

Wrote in to customer care after that experience, we will see what will happen.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 5:38 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Bought some 1 1/2 weeks ago, still waiting for credit. Hoping it will be sorted out prior to 12/31.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 9:59 am

This sounds like someone was considering a milage run to SAF. We need a better shorthand for Sustainable Aviation Fuel.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 10:06 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Phrozen
I put a couple hundred bucks into a "Sustainable Aviation Fuel" purchase in lieu of a butt-in-seat mileage run--has anyone here done this? The website it can take 2-4 weeks to post but I'm curious if anyone has personal experience. I'm relying on it to clear the 75k threshold for this year...
OK so here is the deal. I took advantage of this program and it put me over the line for 100K. It took the SAF about three weeks to credit, BUT, if you read the terms of the SAF the credit goes to the year the SAF was purchased, not the year it posts. In other words if you buy on 12/31 you will still get EQM's for 2023. This was also confirmed by AS by another person in a related thread.
willoL and mildfrequence like this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 1:31 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
OK so here is the deal. I took advantage of this program and it put me over the line for 100K. It took the SAF about three weeks to credit, BUT, if you read the terms of the SAF the credit goes to the year the SAF was purchased, not the year it posts. In other words if you buy on 12/31 you will still get EQM's for 2023. This was also confirmed by AS by another person in a related thread.
All of that is fine, but it doesn’t help if you are taking AS/OW flights early on next year…
willoL and mildfrequence like this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by DTS
All of that is fine, but it doesn’t help if you are taking AS/OW flights early on next year…
Yep, you would have to wait a few weeks till it credits, hardly the end of the world.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 5:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Aliquot
This sounds like someone was considering a milage run to SAF. We need a better shorthand for Sustainable Aviation Fuel.
LOL a FAI-SAF (or realistically FAI-SEA-SAF-SEA-ANC) flight would have been quite a bit more than I needed, but point taken. My other option was a FAI-ANC but those are not as cheap as some Outside routes.

Originally Posted by DTS
No, and it's making me wish I'd pulled the trigger on this purchase a few weeks earlier. But oh well.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Phrozen
No, and it's making me wish I'd pulled the trigger on this purchase a few weeks earlier. But oh well.
It could be worse, you could be making an end of the year Condor flight in which case you would probably be waiting twelve weeks for the credit.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Yep, you would have to wait a few weeks till it credits, hardly the end of the world.
I know, first world problems. But they have no problems charging your credit card the same day, so I don’t quite understand why anyone should be satisfied with a “delivery” of the “goods” weeks later. Or should we assume that AS will only deliver the miles when they have grown the SAF?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.