Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Way to Earn EQMs Without Flying

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2023, 1:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Better than UAs version of this, where there’s links to donate $3.50 all over (booking a reservation, viewing a reservation, etc.).

At least with AS, you get something in return.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by econ
Better than UAs version of this, where there’s links to donate $3.50 all over (booking a reservation, viewing a reservation, etc.).

At least with AS, you get something in return.
Sure - if i want a quick and easy way to boost 5k eqm? Sure....and perhaps be naive to feel that i did something for the environment....but this isnt. this program is also being used by AC and other IATA airlines....to appease the climate change mob.....and its smoke and mirrors.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Heres what AS can do that will actually be meaningful:

1. Provide all compostable single use....even the forks and knifes. Or provide all reusable glassware in Y too.....
2. Provide cloth napkins in all lounges to be washed and reused.
3. Insist all airports they operate in not allow ANY bottled water to be sold (cmon SFO....aluminum bottles are a cop out and in fact are more carbon intensive than the plastic bottles they replace)...allow nalgene bottles or equivalent only...then tell passengers to fill them up and sell them for 20+ dollars to ensure people bring thier own bottles.
4. Invest in VIABLE engine technology improvements....go all electric in a reasonable timeline.
5. Ensure all thier snacks are in compostable/recyclable packaging....(this is the number 1 current gripe on board).

I know engine technology is difficult to replace....but there are so many ACTUAL meaningful things AS can do to push themsleves and thier partners in the meantime.
noneemac likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 12:37 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note

A post has been edited and a couple others are right up against the line of OMNI-land. Please keep your posts to this AS promotion. Green commentary belongs elsewhere.

dayone, AS Moderator
Old Nov 24, 2023, 11:28 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
Regarding this promotion - I "contributed" on the 17th and haven't received any miles as of today. Will give it another couple days, but has anyone been successful with their eqm's yet?
Old Nov 30, 2023, 8:54 am

Addendum to above - I called customer care to inquire about when my EQM’s would post for the above purchase. She said 4-6 weeks, so if you’re looking to use it for requalifying it may not come in time. I wish they would’ve clarified this on the offer.
willoL likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 10:09 am

I talked to the Customer Care folks this morning about the SAF program and the 4-6 weeks thing.

Specifically, I asked if purchased some on December 29th and it takes 4+ weeks to post would the EQMs count towards my 2023 EQM total or would they be credited to me in 2024?

With no hesitation she told me that they would count towards the year based on the date of purchase regardless of how long it takes to post them.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by ParaFlyer
I talked to the Customer Care folks this morning about the SAF program and the 4-6 weeks thing.

Specifically, I asked if purchased some on December 29th and it takes 4+ weeks to post would the EQMs count towards my 2023 EQM total or would they be credited to me in 2024?

With no hesitation she told me that they would count towards the year based on the date of purchase regardless of how long it takes to post them.
This is always happened although somewhat glitchy. In the past when EQMs were only added the next year but were for the previous year I've gotten them double credited and triggered extra lounge passes and GGU as well... You may even get lucky.
worldwidedreamer and noneemac like this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 4:44 pm

Surprise! Woke up to a welcome 100K email - seems that the Customer Service agent I spoke with just went ahead and bumped me up 200 miles to 100K. Thanks AS!
worldwidedreamer and willoL like this.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 10:21 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by QT31415
Surprise! Woke up to a welcome 100K email - seems that the Customer Service agent I spoke with just went ahead and bumped me up 200 miles to 100K. Thanks AS!
I’m a mere 15k miles short. But does 00k vs75k really ,after all that much?
Old Dec 12, 2023, 9:34 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Has anyone who used this program seen their EQM's post yet?

12/13 update. My miles posted after two weeks. Should make 100K on a 12/26 flight to PDX.

Last edited by jsguyrus; Dec 13, 2023 at 1:29 pm
Old Dec 12, 2023, 11:09 am

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Has anyone who used this program seen their EQM's post yet?
My 500 EQMs posted sometime last week.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 6:53 pm

Programs: AS 100K/F9 100K/*A-Gold/AA 1.6mm/HyattGlobal/IHG SPIRE/Hilt-Caes-Wynd DIAM/Rad & Crown&Anch GOLD
Here's what NONE of you will get if you choose to "go over the threshold" of 75K or 100K with this promotion. You will NOT receive your 50,000 bonus AS miles. How does that sound?

A warning to all of you who think you are so clever by not doing the needed mileage run: you will not get your bonus miles unless you get your 75k/100k miles as BIS miles.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:08 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by noneemac
Here's what NONE of you will get if you choose to "go over the threshold" of 75K or 100K with this promotion. You will NOT receive your 50,000 bonus AS miles. How does that sound?

A warning to all of you who think you are so clever by not doing the needed mileage run: you will not get your bonus miles unless you get your 75k/100k miles as BIS miles.
Are you in possession of some mysterious info that no one else is?
Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:38 am

Programs: AS 75K, CET Diamond, FC, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold, KLM Silver, Marriott Gold, UA Gold
So I called into customer care and was told that I would get the 50k using SAF. The person put me on hold and asked their lead to confirm. Not sure if I'd ever see proof, but I asked for email conf and they said they could put in notes on my acct and confirmed my MP info
jsguyrus likes this.

Last edited by braddahman86; Dec 13, 2023 at 11:38 am Reason: Text color was gray for some reason

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.