Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Now Serving Stumptown Coffee On-Board (12/1/2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2023, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Club

https://news.alaskaair.com/alaska-ai...wn-new-coffee/
Old Oct 11, 2023, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan

Funny, just yesterday, triggered by the Starbucks/Delta discussion in the other thread, I was thinking that it would have been nice if Alaska and Starbucks as “hometown buddies” had teamed up, to let me earn AS miles instead of Delta Skypesos. But that obviously doesn’t work well with AS being fairly irrelevant for large swaths of the US. And then I started looking at which other west coast coffee chains would be an option. And Peet’s coffee came to my mind. And in looking at Peet’s I learned that they own Stumptown
Old Oct 11, 2023, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Club
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Funny, just yesterday, triggered by the Starbucks/Delta discussion in the other thread, I was thinking that it would have been nice if Alaska and Starbucks as “hometown buddies” had teamed up, to let me earn AS miles instead of Delta Skypesos. But that obviously doesn’t work well with AS being fairly irrelevant for large swaths of the US. And then I started looking at which other west coast coffee chains would be an option. And Peet’s coffee came to my mind. And in looking at Peet’s I learned that they own Stumptown
Yeah, Peet's is owned by some big conglomerate that also owns Caribou Coffee and Einstein's Bagels.
notquiteaff likes this.

Last edited by StevenSeagalFan; Oct 11, 2023 at 8:41 am
Old Oct 11, 2023, 8:33 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Awesome. I love Stumptown. Too much to hope they start catering the Cold Brew concentrate onboard as well?
Old Oct 11, 2023, 10:00 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by rune87
Too much to hope they start catering the Cold Brew concentrate onboard as well?
Yes please!!
beckoa and SoCalNorCal like this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I have never been a fan of Starbucks. Their coffee always tastes burnt to me. I don't think I have ever had Stumptown so it'll be good to see what it's like, especially if it's designed for "up in the air" consumption.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 1:12 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
And Stumptown will be coming to at least 2 of the lounges!

(PDX and JFK)
John Portland, willoL and williwaw like this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
When I saw this in my inbox this morning, I was thinking it would be for the cold brew... maybe it will make a surprise appearance. Could be tasty with some hazelnut espresso vodka
sea_jeff and 737maxspotter like this.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Stumptown Coffee takes over AS

Seem Stumptown coffee is official, removing iconic Starbucks off of AS by December 1, 2023.

Stumptown Coffee

Jiburi

So, that probably means no holiday cups from Starbucks......
Tack likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 2:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
And Stumptown will be coming to at least 2 of the lounges!

(PDX and JFK)
I thought that this was a bit weird. Why do a partial rollout for the lounges? Does that mean that lounges at SEA will be stuck with Starbucks?
Old Oct 12, 2023, 8:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
But what does this mean for the decaf? I really like how Alaska has it as an option. Am I going to have to buy my own box of Starbucks instant decaf off of Amazon before my next flight?
Old Oct 12, 2023, 9:52 pm

I like getting coffee on flights.

But I read this article and found some comment threads about how the hold tank for water on the plane (used for coffee, tea, and handwashing) can be gross. Some flight attendants seem to not recommend it. Had not thought about that. Anyone have experience or comments?

I went from excited to try new coffee to second-guessing my enjoyment of getting a cup of coffee on the plane.
nk15 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by em_attack
But what does this mean for the decaf? I really like how Alaska has it as an option. Am I going to have to buy my own box of Starbucks instant decaf off of Amazon before my next flight?
I agree...I hope they are able to keep the decaf packets. Im sad to see Starbucks go cause I like really strong coffee and they seem to be consistently stronger than the rest.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by StrandedinLA
I like getting coffee on flights.

But I read this article and found some comment threads about how the hold tank for water on the plane (used for coffee, tea, and handwashing) can be gross. Some flight attendants seem to not recommend it. Had not thought about that. Anyone have experience or comments?

I went from excited to try new coffee to second-guessing my enjoyment of getting a cup of coffee on the plane.
Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. I have no reason to believe the coffee onboard is anything but sanitary and safe.
williwaw likes this.

Last edited by AKLifetimeFlyer; Oct 12, 2023 at 10:53 pm
Old Oct 12, 2023, 10:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by ab2013
I thought that this was a bit weird. Why do a partial rollout for the lounges? Does that mean that lounges at SEA will be stuck with Starbucks?
Stumptown has roasting facilities in Portland and NYC. I imagine it's because Stumptown's coffee partnership program is fairly stringent. They inspect and dial in the brewing equipment and also provide training to staff.
beckoa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.