Search

[Rumor] New Route ANC-YXY (Whitehorse)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2023, 1:22 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
[Rumor] New Route ANC-YXY (Whitehorse)

I heard rumors a while back that AS was looking into ANC-YXY with an E175. Is there any new word on this or was it just something they explored but decided there was not enough demand to make it work or maybe it was a rumor 🤔
Old Jul 29, 2023, 11:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ANC
I heard rumors a while back that AS was looking into ANC-YXY with an E175. Is there any new word on this or was it just something they explored but decided there was not enough demand to make it work or maybe it was a rumor 🤔
4N operates quite a few charters to the Yukon from FAI... that's for sure...
Old Jul 30, 2023, 1:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
And if timed well, you could connect to DE. For nostalgia, 4N operates 734s & 735s, reasonably priced and interlines baggage to AC. I have flown them YVR-YLW during AS' SEA-YLW seasonal downtime.

James
kalderlake likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 3:52 am
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
seems like if AS did a flight there it would only make sense to do it seasonally during the summer tourist season when they have a way higher volume of traffic coming from the lower 48
Old Jul 30, 2023, 4:55 am

Programs: Air Bukovina Elite, Circassian Air Gold, Carthaginian Airlines Platinum
Whitehorse would be an interesting destination to add to AS' route map but it would be better to have a connection to the main hub at SEA rather than ANC.
notquiteaff, wrp96 and DLASflyer like this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 7:25 am

Sadly they don't anymore, but 4N flew scheduled FAI-YDA-YXY fligjts for many years in the summer and during the Yukon Quest.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Excellent! Now I won’t have to fly via Frankfurt on Condor… it’ll cut the cost but think of the missed miles!

3 segment path:
ANCFRA015°(N)360°(N)4,677 mi
FRAYXY341°(N)338°(N)4,538 mi
YXYANC280°(W)261°(W)503 mi
9,717 mi
(Just joking — haven’t been to either Anchorage or Whitehorse but know that Condor has summer flights to both…)
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ANC
seems like if AS did a flight there it would only make sense to do it seasonally during the summer tourist season when they have a way higher volume of traffic coming from the lower 48
We went there in the winter to see northern lights. Was a bust, but overall it was a fun trip. AC flies to YXY from YVR. If AS had a flight from SEA, I might be inclined to go back one of these years.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by Aliquot
Sadly they don't anymore, but 4N flew scheduled FAI-YDA-YXY fligjts for many years in the summer and during the Yukon Quest.
Umm…

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...600Z/CYDA/PAFA

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...000Z/CYDA/PAFA
Old Jul 30, 2023, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by ANC
With DE pressing pause on YXY due to runway reconstruction now would be the time for AS to take a swing at Whitehorse if there ever was one (I make that comment because they could time it to connect to/from ANC’s Condor service).

But honestly, with AS’ aircraft resources being so stretched right now I’d be surprised if this was anything besides a rumor. I’d love to see it happen, though.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
We went there in the winter to see northern lights. Was a bust, but overall it was a fun trip. AC flies to YXY from YVR. If AS had a flight from SEA, I might be inclined to go back one of these years.
Whitehorse is one of the most underrated towns in the North. Fun place to go spend a few days (at least in summer, haven’t been there in winter).
Old Jul 30, 2023, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by Chugach
Whitehorse is one of the most underrated towns in the North. Fun place to go spend a few days (at least in summer, haven’t been there in winter).
I honestly do not get why it isn’t constantly overrun with tourists to the limits of the infrastructure. It’s spectacular and they’re on the dry side of the mountains so winters are not soggy as a rule.
notquiteaff and bon mot like this.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 4:17 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, Avis Presidents Club, Life Member VFW Post 10029
Originally Posted by Aliquot
4N is still flying out of Fairbanks, a couple of ATR-42 flights left within 20 minutes of each other and a 737-500 before them.
Old Jul 30, 2023, 5:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Crazy Dave
4N is still flying out of Fairbanks, a couple of ATR-42 flights left within 20 minutes of each other and a 737-500 before them.
These are charters afaik
Old Jul 30, 2023, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Crazy Dave
just charters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.