Wiki Posts
Search

AS Pilot Standby Upgrade Priority

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2023, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A few...
AS Pilot Standby Upgrade Priority

Does anyone know if the contract for AS pilots has positive upgrade/space available in First when commuting home for the day?

I was skipped while first on the waitlist and the pilot sitting in the seat in F showed on the standby list for the flight twice, once on the very top and once at the very bottom, with the same seat assignment confirmed in first.

I had thought they only had positive space when traveling “to” work and not from (is there a flight length minimum on AS?) but I guess I could be wrong.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by frenchcargo371
Does anyone know if the contract for AS pilots has positive upgrade/space available in First when commuting home for the day?

I was skipped while first on the waitlist and the pilot sitting in the seat in F showed on the standby list for the flight twice, once on the very top and once at the very bottom, with the same seat assignment confirmed in first.

I had thought they only had positive space when traveling “to” work and not from (is there a flight length minimum on AS?) but I guess I could be wrong.
it would be helpful it you said Weber you were flying from and where to.
pilots are guaranteed a F seat on all long haul flights when they are deadheading
Old Jul 29, 2023, 6:24 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 2P, Marriott Silver, many others
Originally Posted by Crzn33k
pilots are guaranteed a F seat on all long haul flights when they are deadheading
But there's a difference between deadheading and commuting.

I have no idea what current contracts say, but when my dad's best friend was a pilot for TW (shows you how long ago we're talking about!) he lived in Kansas City but was based in San Francisco. He'd be at our place the day before, sometimes two days, to be sure he was there. Pilots who commuted were responsible for getting their own selves to the airport. I'm sure things have changed a bit!
Old Jul 29, 2023, 9:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100k, UA Silver, AC P25k, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by dliesse
But there's a difference between deadheading and commuting.

I have no idea what current contracts say, but when my dad's best friend was a pilot for TW (shows you how long ago we're talking about!) he lived in Kansas City but was based in San Francisco. He'd be at our place the day before, sometimes two days, to be sure he was there. Pilots who commuted were responsible for getting their own selves to the airport. I'm sure things have changed a bit!
Pilots Deadheading to operate a flight for the Company - F class confirmed.
Pilots Commuting home away from thier base - non-rev but higher priority but can jumpseat.

Ive had this significant issue at LAX where even the gate agents dont seem to know the difference.... Commuting is totally on the employee based on non-rev priority and space on the flights. (i got jumped over on the standby list (i was revenue 100k) for an employee commuting home....i pointed out the difference to the GA and she even admitted that she didnt follow policy properly....again see my LAX standby thread on this very discussion).

The base is where the employee is expected to live....if they decide to live in another city - its on them to get to work on time....not bump fare revenue paying passengers cuz they wanted a mansion in Idaho....but based in SFO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.